Dropad A8 vs. LY GT-Pad?!

deathofkai

May 6, 2011
@Colonelzap

1. I've been deciding between the C8+ and the V7 and I like the v7 due the fact that it has a higher res screen, between the 2 does it make THAT much of a difference?

2. Also, how is the gaming on the V7 compared to the Dropad/Herotab? Is the V7 able to play HD games?

3. Performance wise are they similar? I've noticed that the Dropad's a lot more responsive, what's your take?

4. is the G-Sensor in gaming on the v7 good??

5. How does the v7 handle 1080p HD movies

6. the battery life with and without wifi on both units?

One last question, if you have the time, would you be able to list the Pros and Cons of each device? :D

Sorry for all the questions :p

Thanks a lot,
deathofkai

Last edited:

DJACID

May 7, 2011
SchlumpfiHB video review should answer all your questions,
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ExGQUsCYS3U[/video]
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=TLGMZ8Brlkk[/video]

deathofkai

May 6, 2011
trust me, I've seen, what could possibly have been, every vid out there on these 2 models :p

Looking for personal experience as he's used both and can give direct answers rather than trying to work everything out through vids...
Looking for better insight on both products :)

Trixaren

May 31, 2011
I just ordered the TCC8803 with the high definition screen (7 inch) so will post my comments by the end of this week.
I think the video playing ability was a main factor for me.

I am upset that it doesn't have Bluetooth nor gps.
Does anyone know if it is possible to attach and use the usb Bluetooth dongle to a tablet and make it work?
cheers

Trixaren

May 31, 2011
Hi

Arrived today
before I give you my comments first a question about the Processor
it says ARMv7 rev 2 (v71) [CPU ABI armeabi-v7a] and not TCC8803 - is that correct?
secondly the speed is at 800Mhz with a freq. range of 100 to 800Mhz and not 1.2Ghz
will contact the seller to find out about the speed at least
I used Android system info to check this out.

cheers

deathofkai

May 6, 2011
it's all over the web, you can confirm the specs on mermobiles . com

don't forget to charge the battery properly the 1st time...it's always 9 hours - flat - 9hrs - flat - 9hrs - flat - then charge how ever you want from there and it's the same procedure with laptops only 18hrs (of course this means you can use it during the charges. :)

The main info I'm interested in is response in menu, web, movies, games, also the operating hours with wifi on and movie play time...

I've been deciding for a month now on which tab to get, thankfully the above site got them in, the Herotab C8+ and the Sense V7, apparently the V7's movie playback is better than the Herotab (Colonel Zap can you confirm this as well as game play and response between the 2 tabs seeing as the hi-res screen may put more pressure on the V7 during play?)

P.S. I've posted info I'm interested in on page 2 :p

So amped to get my tab:D

Musicante

Jun 4, 2011
Hello everyone from Italy!!! I'm newest member, but i read the form for same. I'm about to buy a tablet and think that 2 tab are good for my need (capacitive screen, 512 ram ecc). I want buy it to play reason like as Lenur by jazzmutant. Which do you recommend?

T Y
P.S.
Sorry for bad english

Trixaren

May 31, 2011
I am still playing around with it
so this is preliminary feedback

the video playback so far is superb!!! the sound quality is good to. And I use an external USB drive for that.
The wifi is not even close to being as good as my laptop's so that might be an issue. AT the moment I get some 2h with wifi but I'll get back on that one.
The responsiveness is fine I guess. It is not as good as Ipad and it takes a while getting used to. And I am new to android.
Some programs crash from time to time and firefox does not want to work.
The build quality - hmm, its not bad but it's not wow either
Angry Birds works very well.

I did a factory reset when I got it and wiped out some of the games there. Bad move.

this is it for now
any questions, just ask

deathofkai

May 6, 2011
Welcome Musicante, not sure if I've ever heard of the app you're referring to, but this topic is to determine which tab is the best choice (although it depends on what you want from your tablet, ie. Bluetooth, high resolution screen, 1.3mp cam, etc.)

@Trxaren - i'm very interested to hear how Asphalt 6: Adrenalin HD runs on the V7 - (you can answer, if you're up to it :p , the rest of my questions when you have the time) haha, sorry for all the questions
The reason for the crashing would most likely be due to version 2.3 which is not a final release, so 2.2 would most likely run a lot better:)

also, is it possible to run HD games on that device and psx4droid, the Playstation Emulator (i can pm you a link if you want it), just want to get an idea of the gaming performance?? I know that because the V7 has a higher res screen the gaming and apps would put a lot more pressure on the device itself...

What I would actually like to do on the tab, I guess, would involve internet surfing, (HD) movies, PSX games, ebooks and music...these are generally the most important functions and I would probably say that any of these would put all tabs to the test :p

(to get an idea of the Dropad's performance against the iPad 1, Acer Iconia and the Sams Galaxy Tab click the link :) GLBenchmark - Phone details comparsion)
P.S. I can pm you the link for the GLBenchmark if you want to add your scores, seeing as there isn't a score board for the Sense V7 yet...just let me know for both the GLBench and the PSX4Droid...?!

The Dropad definitely appears to be a strong contender:D But, alas, there is no bench for the V7 :(

P.S.S. Thanks for the input, much appreciated :)

EDIT-
P.S.S.S. :p how many meters (and/or rooms) can you be away from the router till your signal is lost or on one bar?

Last edited: