Dropad D10 - 7" TCC8902 Capacitive iPhone 4

ovenwu

Nov 8, 2010
Recently a tablet manufacturer has release an iPhone 4 appearance Tablet PC,But impossible the OS not the iOS ,It's Android 2.1,use the TCC8902 project.The configuration without any wonder,But the appearance really amazing,further this tablet PC with a 7" capacitance screen and the screen resolution is 800×480 support 5 points multi-touch.
$droipad.jpg
At first let's take it compare with the iPhone.Although the ports buttons site and functions different,but the design style just like the twins.Mirror surface screen roundness Home button metal escutcheon edges and corners obvious,you can find the iPhone 4 design annotation complete at this 7" tablet PC.Because of the material quality's reason this Tablet PC's weight beyond the most of 7" Tablet PCs,it's about 500g,really heavy,it's a little hard to held with one hand.
$DSC_0561.jpg
The back is also like iPhone 4 and use the organic glass.The speaker on rear with the expanded metal,looks very nice.
$DSC_0515.jpg
This ports layout we're know well,The TCC89027 project 7" tablet PC almost like this.This one tablet PC use the metal frame look very nice.In addition equip the HDMI output port,you can watch the HD movies with more big display or the TV set.
$DSC_0604.jpg
The camera location in the middle,feels not coordinate,but if can use it chat with video is perfect.
$DSC_0518.jpg
At side you can see 3 buttons,just like the iPhone4,but the function are Back Menu and Power.
This Tablet PC also with 3D acceleration 1080P decode,expandable 3G,but with the
capacitive screen playing the games is more better feeling.On the side built-in 3000mAH lithium battery,the endurance capability not bad.
Epilogue:This tablet PC the highlight is iPhone4 appearance and capacitive
screen,When you walk on the street with this Tablet PC must be the focal point.:eek:

Last edited:

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
OK. Now if ANYONE can find THIS unit on the link provided I will be impressed.

EDIT: Let me rephrase that. This unit is NOT on the site provided. Similar yes, this one? Nope.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Build quality looks great.

Trying to advertise it as a 7" iPhone is really stupid. But good product otherwise if real.

Same Haipad shell. The platform isn't half bad. But their shell isn't really my favorite. Good that you guys were able to source the capacitive screen.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Found the original news source for this. OP has been warned for this content.

Anyways a site claiming to be the manufacturer: Saayi

Everything else is just typical TCC8902. Lack of RAM is what makes this platform low-end. Otherwise a great idea.

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
kind of big size compare with GPAD 7 still 2.1, given low end market ~$100 USD level. I personally do not like to IPHONE4 look.

New Sony Ericsson Are is a lot better.

Last edited:

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
It's pretty, and it looks like that's what the money went into.
-as opposed to ram, for instance.

I'm sure it's the best looking tablet that will be thrown out the window of a moving vehicle.

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
Anybody with a kind heart (who has Dropad D10 with Android 2.3) willing to dump their Gingerbread firmware? I will literally jump with joy if you could.

many sites are already selling the 2.3 version of Dropad D10, so if you are the one who purchased any of the updated version, please dump your firmware for us.

Links to sites selling Dropad D10 with Gingerbread:

Pandawill

HonkongGeek

Amazon Japan

Chinistore

Andxroid

Or, if anyone with a knowledge of migrating/moving/porting (whatver you call it) the ft5x06 (D10's touch input) driver from stock 2.1/CyanogenMod version to Haipad's 4GHY version of Gingerbread firmware, that would do as well. SD wouldn't work, but at least it will still be useabl 2.3 for Dropad D10.

Many thanks!

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
here's a video of my Dropad D9/D10 on Gingerbread:

It is working but, front (home) and menu (M) hardware buttons don't work.

any idea?

Last edited by a moderator: