Easily Root Android Tablet with One Click

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Just a reminder to EVERYONE...

IF you are running any TRUE version of GINGERBREAD (2.3.x) and (likely) above, these methods likely WILL NOT WORK.

GINGERBREAK is almost a necessity for ANY 2.3-based (GRI40) tablet as most all of them have been stripped of the 'su' (superuser) function (NOT the same as superuser.apk!). Gingerbreak can get around it long enough (self-supplied?) to get root set up properly.

ANY FROYO (2.2.x) device (FRF85B) should be able to use the one-click methods, but I prefer to use the z4root even tho it requires having USB Debugging already enabled, and usually Launcher Pro is needed for that...

Exact rooting methods for the Honeycomb/ICS systems (3.x - 4.x) are currently unknown to me as I dont have them... yet. :rolleyes:
Hopefully that will change soon!

Six

Oct 1, 2012
Do these rooting sources apply to all tablets? Or can only certain tablets be rooted?

Bill62

Oct 7, 2012
Hello All,

Anyone have any idea on universal Rooting Process or Rooted Kernal for any Tablets.

Virgil2U

Sep 1, 2012
I have the Coby Kyros MID8042-4 tablet and both versions of the Universal Androot did not work with this device. For the older and larger file size program I got the message that could not root and something about "all fu" and such and with the newer 2012 version I got the can not root this device message. I downloaded the files using the browser and installed from the download area. That is about all the information I can give you about this. I would love it if it could work on this Coby Kryos MID8042-4 since there are so many of us who have this tablet and can't get it rooted.

Virgil2U

Sep 1, 2012
This method does not work on my Coby Kryos MID8042-4 tablet. I tried both versions, the old and the new and no go with either one of them. I would like to know of a program that can root this tablet. I have also tried the Super One Click and Z4 and they don't work either.

ariannehowell

Oct 24, 2012
So what is it? Does it work or not? I'm also a newbie so this should be very helpful. Thanks.

External links to commercial sites are not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator: