EeePad - The Real ASUS Android Tablet

tabletfan

Jul 25, 2010
ASUS recently announced their EeePad Windows 7 tablet would now be running Android 3.0 Gingerbread instead. What are you guys thinking about this new tablet? I originally dismissed it as it was running Windows 7, and I would have prefered a proper touch screen OS like webOS, iOS or Android, but now it's running Android I'm definitely considering it.

Link: Asus Wants Android For EeePad

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I love my eee 1000. I got it when they first came out and I haven't had any issues out of it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Big_Jim

Mar 16, 2011
ASUS recently announced their EeePad Windows 7 tablet would now be running Android 3.0 Gingerbread instead. What are you guys thinking about this new tablet? I originally dismissed it as it was running Windows 7, and I would have prefered a proper touch screen OS like webOS, iOS or Android, but now it's running Android I'm definitely considering it.

Link: Asus Wants Android For EeePad
:confused:

Big_Jim

Mar 16, 2011
I have been wanting this for a long time. And it may be the first real tablet I purchase. The Archos was just for fun, to see how I would like it.
The low end Sylvanias at CVS have caught my eye but I think I'd rather not spend the money yet.
ASUS has always made good hardware. They are my favorite mainboard manufacturer and they also gave me the best PDA ever (Mypal A620).

Sergio Nova

Feb 12, 2011
Time passes and the Honeycomb version has not entered the market. Is it that difficult or has ASUS already given up?

jwar1976

Mar 26, 2011
Asus have released 2 Honeycomb Pads

The Transformer -

The Slider -

The Transformer will work out slightly more expensive as the Keyboard is sold for an extra £100, where as the slider has the keyboard built in & is due to be the same price as the Transformer without the keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Asus and 7inches.......you said it all! I still have and use my 7"Asus eee .I loved it for its portability and yes it'a great piece of hardware. I was wating for them to make a 7" tablet.

Sergio Nova

Feb 12, 2011
Asus and 7inches.......you said it all! I still have and use my 7"Asus eee .I loved it for its portability and yes it'a great piece of hardware. I was wating for them to make a 7" tablet.
You have a 7" tablet and was waiting for them to make a 7" tablet?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Yes I have a nook and I love it but there are a couple of things I'll never be able to do with my nook,like make calls ....I want to get rid of my cell.and use the tablet for everything? Anything wrong with that Sergio?
Gloria

Sergio Nova

Feb 12, 2011
Yes I have a nook and I love it but there are a couple of things I'll never be able to do with my nook,like make calls ....I want to get rid of my cell.and use the tablet for everything? Anything wrong with that Sergio?
Gloria
Wrong? I wouldn't say that. What I say is that now you make sense.
Once I had no intention of being offensive, I do apologize you you are offended with my question.