Ellipsis8 tablet sd card storage

Phenom2955

Jan 17, 2016
I have been trying for the last 3 days to find a way to install and transfer large apps to my sd card on this tablet with no success. Internet has conflicting information on the subject saying its not possible, then saying lollipop readded support for this functionality in a later update

Tablet runs lollipop 5.1.1. I have looked into rooting and apparently is not possible with this device , tried several apps that did nothing g but bring up the built in application manager that of course doesn't have that option or I wouldn't need the app anyways if it did, I tried Android sdk usb debugging method adb she'll pm install-location 2 or whatever it was and I get some such java security error package does not belong to 2000(???????).

So am I Sol on using this extra 30gb of space or what? Is there something I am missing here? I did find one work around witch consists of unblckoing bootlader and installing a bunch of other **** however it says it will cause a bunch of functions on the tablet to stop working and cause a bunch of other conflicts an of course possible damage the device beyond repair witch kind of defeats the purpose.

By the way just clarify I need the extra space because I am installing large games on this tablet some ranging from 1gb to 2gb a piece. Despite any negative reviews for thing I have been able to a lot of high graphically demanding games on it just fine. But the 10gb of free internal space fills up fasy (16gb total but 9.5ish available to end user).

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Short answer, only apps that were designed to be able to be moved can be moved, no matter what else. That would be indicated on an app by app basis in the app manager. Your best hope is that some of those games have settings that allow you to redirect data storage.

Phenom2955

Jan 17, 2016
I actually did find a file manager now that allows me to move any file from the internal storage to the SD card after I labled the SD Card in my PC.

However at this point in order for that to work I think I would need to have some way to link the app to the new install directory(something like you can do on a pc with a virtual directory pointing the files on another location on the drive or another drive all together).

In that sense I don't see why it couldn't be possible if somebody knows how that could be done.

Anyways thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
What you are describing, in the PC world, is a symbolic link. Not available in Android.

If you found a file manager that will move any "app", I have a problem with the possible end results. Moving files is normal but you would be talking about media, like photos - music and documents. Any file manager in Android will do that.