Elonex ebook 10" upgrade to 2.2 how ?

mikeparkes

Jan 9, 2011
Hi there,
Just got this super priced 10" tablet, but runs 2.1 and so far there is no update from the manufacture for ugrading to 2.2 which is annoying as I really want to install flash player. I know my mistake in not doing my research properly but for £149, it is well priced and the rest of it works really well.

Can any one tell me if I can upgrade to 2.2 on my own or do I have to wait for the manufacture to sort out the upgrade ?

I dont have any experience with android but learning quickly lol.

Thank you if you can help

mikeparkes

Jan 9, 2011
thank you , at least you got a reply from them, I got nothing
fingers crossed then they sort it soon

normlipman

Feb 9, 2011
Elonex are working on an upgrade to 2.2 with Flash. They don't have a release date yet but told me to check their support regularly: Elonex :: Support

I am also interested Sinai getting Android 2.2.
As a new user also ask your experience on batery life Android wifi range. Batt seems o run only 1 1/2 hrs. Wifi range limited Android cuts out!

Yet I like unit so far. Plays home movies Sinai hd directly which my ipad will not. Alsoo bright clear screen. So impressed so far!

Comments please Normlipman

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
1 1/2 hour battery life is all elonex reckon for the 1000. They state the time will be lower if you're using wifi.

The 700 gets around 2hrs.

Think I'll check out that skyfire suggestion.

Thanks.

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
Well I've installed SkyFire and I'm pleased to report it works very well.

Web pages seem to load faster and scrolling using a finger/scribe is very smooth.

Many items (not all) that require a flash player are quickly converted to enable me to view them. They all seem to run smooth without any jerkiness.

I'm so pleased that I've set it as my default browser.

Many thanks to gadgetman404 for the suggestion.