Ematic Funtab Tablet Issues with Market and adding accounts

la786

Dec 25, 2011
Hi Everyone,

New here, but long time android user.

I'm actually posting this on behalf of my cousins who recently recieved the Ematic Funtab Tablets for christmas this morning.

For some reason, we cannot add new google accounts so that they can access the market. There's a secondary market installed (APPOKE), but we cannot create an account for that either. Every time we try to login to any account, or open the market it gives an error stating that there is a connection issue. However you are still able to browse the web using the browser (so I know it's connected to the wifi).

Any tips? Should I root them? Should they just get returned?

Thanks in advance!

-LA

Triddiford

Dec 26, 2011
New here as well. Having the same issue. I bought three of these and same issue on all. Contacted ematic via email and text with no response. Any suggestions?

Cougarmom4

Dec 26, 2011
Just bought 2 for my boys for christmas and for as patient and tech savvy as I am this thing is very frustrating. I'm having the the same issues....please help if anyone has any suggestions or knows how to get this thing to work. If I could just get it to work it would be the perfect little suntan for my kids.

Markus

Dec 26, 2011
Just read this on another site and ut worked great!

"It does not have access to the google android market. it comes installed with the Appoke market. Which is limited. however you can load the Amazon market which is quite good."

Literally takes a minute to download the Amazon App Market. When trying to dowload some games from the Amazon Market after it was installed it dd tell me I needed to save it to an sd card. Hope this helps.

misius

Dec 29, 2011
Try the amazon market. I installed that on my kids Funtabs and I am able to connect every time. Will not be able to use them with Android Market as e-matic did not license from Google for the Market.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Try the amazon market. I installed that on my kids Funtabs and I am able to connect every time. Will not be able to use them with Android Market as e-matic did not license from Google for the Market.

Correct. Ematic didn't obtain a license from Google to use Google services. Appoke, SlideMe, AppsLib, etc are alternative app sites. Amazon is the best option if your device is compatible. I haven't seen any posters claim that they were able to install the genuine Market.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

Mar 2, 2012
I am trying to install amazon app market on my kids funtab also, but I am not getting the link I need in my email, I have tried this several times, can anyone please give me any advice? Hopeful Mom wanting to get more app choices than what came on the device. TY

bggulbrand

Jan 11, 2013
Do not use google play... Use your browser to go to google, then search for google android market. Far better than Amazon... Still google play, just that the link on your fun tab says its not working ... dont know how to fix that but this way you can get to google play and your kids can enjoy... Hope this helps everyone...

kamenashi

May 17, 2013
Awesome! The 1Mobile Market isworking great! Thanks for sharing that information mrteed! It is very much appreciated!