Encryption Failed on an Assus Tablet

lalleke

Aug 16, 2012
Hi,

I'm getting the message 'Encryption Failed' on my Asus Tablet (TF300) with a button 'reset tablet'.
When you click on it, notthing happens.
After searching the net I found that a factory reset is done by turning the tablet off and turning it on with the volume down button pushed in, then pushing the volume up button.
When following this procedure I first get the android logo with a 'running line' under the logo, after a few seconds the andoid logo has a warning sign in it and after a few minute I get the same message 'Encrytion Failed'.:(

:(Has any of you had the same problem and/or have the solution to re-install the tablet for proper use ?:confused:

Thx

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Heya, welcome to the forums.
I have a TF300T too, I just purchased in in fact. I used to have a TF100, so I consider myself fairly well versed with them. Anyway, did you just get the tablet? When did the issue start appearing? It LOOKS like you tried to encrypt the data on your tablet, but some kind of issue cropped up in the meantime and data corruption was the result. Either that, or there was just data corruption in the first place and the tablet is viewing it as a failed encryption.

Also, the method you're describing for recovery - you're on the right track, but I'm guessing that you're entering download mode instead of the recovery console. I've never had to use the recovery console on my TF300T, so I don't know the button combo. I'll look it up if I get the time.

Perzeo

Aug 17, 2012
Hello

I have the same problem on my TF300T, but I have not yet been resolved.
You have entered the bios? the asus page says you can enter with F2, but not working.

Please, if you fixed the problem, tell us how it was repaired

Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hello

I have the same problem on my TF300T, but I have not yet been resolved.
You have entered the bios? the asus page says you can enter with F2, but not working.

Please, if you fixed the problem, tell us how it was repaired

Thanks

Welcome to the forum

I think you have been looking at the wrong instructions. The bios info would/could possibly be for a laptop but definitely not for the TF300.

mikearnill

Aug 25, 2012
Hi,

I'm getting the message 'Encryption Failed' on my Asus Tablet (TF300) with a button 'reset tablet'.
When you click on it, notthing happens.
After searching the net I found that a factory reset is done by turning the tablet off and turning it on with the volume down button pushed in, then pushing the volume up button.
When following this procedure I first get the android logo with a 'running line' under the logo, after a few seconds the andoid logo has a warning sign in it and after a few minute I get the same message 'Encrytion Failed'.:(

:(Has any of you had the same problem and/or have the solution to re-install the tablet for proper use ?:confused:

Thx

The trick you have mention for recovery is correct, you are on the right track. I will recommend you to check the modes, you might have entered to download mode instead of recovery mode. This will help you to solve it out. Let me know if you need any help.

lalleke

Aug 16, 2012
Mikearnil,

How can I check if I'm in download or recovery mode :confused:

Is RCK = recovery ?
Thx for your help.