Update to 6.0.1 FAILED

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I just got the OTA update to Android 6.0.1 on my N7-2013, and it looked like it would do all the usual things, but when it got to the part where the screen turns onto the home screen, it stayed BLACK with the backlight on. You would see the clock in the corner for a few seconds then it would disappear, then come back after a while, and repeats.

So I turned it off with a long hold on the power button and turned it back on.

This time it went through the 'updating applications' deal, then to the animated start screen, then back to the "updating apps' screen again!

That's as far as I got. When it finishes the animation, it goes back to the updating apps screen and keeps repeating.

This update to 6.0.1 FAILED. I think I will have to reset the tablet the hard way.

Did anyone else get the same failed update?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Here's an update to the problem:

Since I got tired of watching the bootloader repeating itself, I tried the standard factory reset using the buttons, and got the "No Command." screen. So I started the "secret reset" procedure, and did actually reset the thing. I was curious to see what it reset to, and the About... screen says 6.0.1 ! So the update stuck, and after it restores things, I should be close to what I had before the update.

So be smart for this or any other system update, and backup your tablet before you update the OS. :) Also don't forget to enable anything that is disabled. I think maybe a disabled system app crashed my tablet after the update.

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
It's some feedback, and a warning to enable any disabled system applications because one most likely cause the thing to infinitely hang on booting.