Error on Streaming MP3s on AllWinner A13

zargonddg

Jul 2, 2012
Hello,

I'm trying to access Streaming MP3s on apps or through the browser and having no luck. On the apps, it just keeps trying to load. I tried http://1541.live.streamtheworld.com:80/CBSNEWS_SC in my browser, and got the error message.

"Sorry, the player doesn't support this type of audio file"

Here's the specs on my device.

[h=1]7 Inch AllWinner A13
1.5GHz Android 4.0
Tablet PC 512MB RAM 4GB McPad F1 Capacitance screen
WIFI Camera Black (CP147739)
[/h]Do I just need to install some sort of MP3 codec, and how should I do that?

Thanks,
Dustin

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Hi Dustin
Sorry to hear that. but we have tested Kugou APP it‘s ok for streaming Mp3, and also ok through the browser. Could you pls tell me what app you haved tried by sending mail back? I've sent you a email,pls check
we will update the firmware for this item later. And I will email you after uploading.

McBub

zargonddg

Jul 2, 2012
I was using the browser on the link I provided, also I was using the CBS Radio News Android app, and was not having any luck.

I'm downloading the new firmware now, and will report after I install it.

Thanks,
Dustin

Hi Dustin
Sorry to hear that. but we have tested Kugou APP it‘s ok for streaming Mp3, and also ok through the browser. Could you pls tell me what app you haved tried by sending mail back? I've sent you a email,pls check
we will update the firmware for this item later. And I will email you after uploading.

McBub

zargonddg

Jul 2, 2012
I was not able to install the firmware with these instructions.

A13 upgrade the firmware method

1. Open the A13 upgrade tools, Double click PhoenixUSBPro installation which in PhoenixUSBPro folder.
  2. Choose the authentication Key documents (the upgrade tools inside), the firmware img file (firmware 4.0 file), then "start" mass production system.
  3. Keep pressing on the small round key next to boot key In the A10 shutdown state untill there is an external USB devices after connecting mini USB with computer. Install the USBdriver (the upgrade tools inside), then point to the the USBdriver which in PhoenixUSBPro.
  4. There is progress bar on upgrade tools interface, upgrade completed when the red progress bar into green.

I think the problem came in step 3, as I was not able the "install" anything on to the actual tablet, except to move the files with the file transfer. Also, there is no "small round key next to the boot key", so I'm not sure what that meant.

Could you take another look at those instructions?

Thanks,
Dustin