EX7 boot animation A work in Progress

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I was looking into this again. reading old posts. i read that the bootanimation file in /system/bin is a script. so i went there and opened it with file expert and it was a long list of junk, but scrolling down there was readable txt.
"debug.sf.nobootanimation 0 BootAnimation boot animation disabled %0 80 /data/local/bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip desc.txt descMap is null %d %d %d p %d %d %s images/android-logo-mask.png images/android-logo-shine.png SurfaceFlinger died, exiting... linkToComposerDeath failed" is one block

if we can find this shine.jpg i bet it says sylvania and we might use that location to change the animation.

tfurrows

Jun 15, 2011
From what I understand the initial logo is an rle image built into the rom. Search on "rle" and you should get more info on how it is modified.

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
Absolute System 1.7.2. I used one of their animations (spinning android blue) but I'm sure you could download an animation to create the folder on your SD card and then save your own to the folder and use the app to change to your custom animation.

I knew someone would ask which app, but I didn't have my tablet with me to get the name.

Sent from my p7901ui using Android Tablet Forum

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
TOTALLY WORKS! You rock! I installed ASR 1.7.2 and poked around. it created a goodies folder on my SD card. I moved the file named bootanimation.zip that i wanted to the bootanimations folder in goodies. From the menu I hit download boot animations then hit the menu button and hit the SD card icon. and tap my file. installes first try!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

tfurrows

Jun 15, 2011
Ah, I thought you guys wanted to change the boot logo screen, the animation can be modified a number of ways (app or just drop bootanimation.zip in /data/local as described in other posts here)