Exchange Won't Open Excel files on Galaxy Pad

teddmc57

Nov 14, 2010
Just got the new Galaxy Pad and discovered that it wont open excel files from Office 2003 and older from the Exchange server. It will work on a normal G-mail account bit not through Exchange. This was verified with Samsung. Any suggestions. I get all e-mail through our companies Exchange server.

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Is there an option to download the attachments? Once you have them saved on the device, I'd think you could then open them.

jrfbrown37

Dec 14, 2010
I am having the same issue. Has anyone found a solution? Trying to save the spreadsheet fails also. It seems that it is only saving a portion of the file. Example: I tried to save a 53.5KB spreadsheet file and only 17KB of the file was saved.

That actually seems to be the real problem. Not that you cannot open the file but that it is not downloading the entire file from the Exchange server. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J

skylt

Dec 23, 2010
Which mailapp are you using?

I could not get the Samsung app to work with exchange 2010 so i use roadsync and it works with office attachments. Try another app and report back ;-)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum App