External Microphone

anasouma

Jul 22, 2011
Does your Iconia A500 support an external 3,5 mm jack headset with microphone? I have seen posts where people claim they can use their iphone headset as microphone input, but that doesn't work for me.... I would appreciate your help.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Yes it does support that.

However, I've seen cases where it does not like to switch from the internal to the external mic while you
are actually using the mic. I've worked around this by plugging in the mic first, then starting the application
that will use it.

I've used iPhone headsets, Nexus One headsets, high-end earbuds with mic, and they all work
pretty better than the built in mic for voice.

anasouma

Jul 22, 2011
Thank you Icebike... I'm thinking maybe I have a defective unit because that doesnt seem to work for me... I tried my iphone headset and another headset with the Voice Recorder/Skype and google talk, but with no luck...

Cyphear

Dec 13, 2011
I tried plugging in an external mic (two black lines on the jack) and an iphone 4 headset (3 black lines on the jack), but neither of them work with the voice recorder. I tried rebooting and killing the app with the headset plugged in and it's still using the internal mic. Mine was refurb, perhaps I got anasouma's old one. :) I contacted support and it sounds like I'd need a replacement. Did your replacement work normally anasouma? I'm just trying to decide if it's worth shipping back. Voice recognition sucks with the built-in mic.