Fatal signal 11 causing most of my apps to crash suddenly

MrHugs

Feb 12, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and desperately hope someone can shed some light on what has happened to my Asus TF101 tablet.

All was working fine until about two weeks ago, when lots of my apps started crashing out (this happened suddenly).
The following apps crashed out as soon as they were opened, or a few seconds later: Flipboard, Pocket, BBC News, App Cache Cleaner, Hill climb racing, Angry birds, and stock browser.
The following crashed once a certain task was attempted: Outlook (open a message), Gmail (open a message), Evernote (open a note)
Youtube now seems to open correctly but is unable to play any videos (blank loading screen shows)
The following seem to work without crashing: Chrome, Adobe reader, BBC Weather, Business Calendar Pro, Play Store, Camera.

I decided to perform a factory reset, but the problem still persisted after this, with the same errors on the same apps as before.

I then installed CatLog to try and trace the problem.

Each time an app crashed, Catlog listed a failure described by:

"libc Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000010 (code=1551888624)"

Each time the address (0x00000010) changed, and the code often changed (though it was most commonly code=1), but the error was always the same.

I tried to research this error, but did not fully understand, and I was unable to find anyone else having a similar error to mine.

I would really appreciate any help to try to get to the bottom of this, as you can clearly see I am unable to use most of my apps.

Thank you in advance,

Mark