Final choice of a tablet

guy.joseph

Dec 21, 2010
Hi

After pretty much the last 24 hours spent researching Android tablets, I've come down to a shortlist.

My criteria:
Must
  • Larger (9/10") at 1024*600 or greater. The resolution is more important to me than the size.
  • At least one full size USB port
  • At least Android 2.1
  • A reasonable processor
  • AT LEAST 256mb RAM
  • A reasonable touchscreen that can be easily operated
  • As cheap as possible!
  • >= 1GHz Processor
  • 512mb RAM
  • Replaceable battery

So after much deliberation, I've come up with these:
  • Zenithink ZT-180
  • Flytouch 2
  • aPad M1001 (doesn't have USB but multitouch makes up for it)
They are all at the moment. I'm wondering if anybody has used these, and has any reccomendations, or if there are other models that I should consider.

Cheers

mattls

Dec 21, 2010
I would consider the Archos 101 or Archos 70. I personally chose the A70 because I have heard that the 101 has some screen issues. The A70 might be a little small for your tastes but take a look--

A70- ARCHOS

A101- ARCHOS

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010

guy.joseph

Dec 21, 2010
Hello joseph,
As for your "must" tips, i think one with 10" + Android 2.1 OS in our store can meet your requirements.
here's the link: 10.1 Inch Google Android 2.1 Apad Tablet PC with Infomix ix220 Processor HDMI and Ethernet Interface
And for your following requirements such as:
>= 1GHz Processor
512mb RAM
Zenithink ZT-180
Flytouch 2
i'd suggest you to buy a A8 or maybe you can wait for the 10" Android 2.2 with ZT-180?
hope helped.

I'd seen that elsewhere, will get back to you about your price if I go for it. I'm chasing up the M1001 at the moment.

Is there going to be an android 2.2 release for any of these?

TheZ

Dec 20, 2010
I ***** **** the ZT 180 and the Flytouch2/Superpad but I think your price range may prohibit you from getting all the features you want. I **** *** ZT-180 shipped for *** and that is pretty generous. You will also find that the claimed 1ghz processors actually clock around 800mhz. I and the community can vouch for this. For a decent android 2.1 tablet you will likely have to spend around 200 dollars to get a tablet with everything it is supposed to, a good warranty, and good support if something goes buggy(And it will).

Be careful you don't get screwed over with deals too good to be true on china tablets...there are many shady suppliers who will take your money and send you an inferior product. Some do the swaparoo where they send you a broken device and you contact them wanting a replacement and they will downgrade you to a different tablet....among other tricks.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheZ

Dec 20, 2010
I'd seen that elsewhere, will get back to you about your price if I go for it. I'm chasing up the M1001 at the moment.

Is there going to be an android 2.2 release for any of these?

As for a 2.2 release on any of these, there has not been any announcements. Updates either come in the form of a complete makeover and a price hike, small changes and a price hike, or the community ports it with some bugs but its free. These tablets are usually left to the independent developers to work out all the bugs and such.

guy.joseph

Dec 21, 2010
I carry both the ZT 180 and the Flytouch2/Superpad but I think your price range may prohibit you from getting all the features you want. I sell the ZT-180 shipped for 190 and that is pretty generous. You will also find that the claimed 1ghz processors actually clock around 800mhz. I and the community can vouch for this. For a decent android 2.1 tablet you will likely have to spend around 200 dollars to get a tablet with everything it is supposed to, a good warranty, and good support if something goes buggy(And it will).

Be careful you don't get screwed over with deals too good to be true on china tablets...there are many shady suppliers who will take your money and send you an inferior product. Some do the swaparoo where they send you a broken device and you contact them wanting a replacement and they will downgrade you to a different tablet....among other tricks.

OK so can you make a new reccomendation if I was to increase my budget to say $250 max?

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010
I carry both the ZT 180 and the Flytouch2/Superpad but I think your price range may prohibit you from getting all the features you want. I sell the ZT-180 shipped for 190 and that is pretty generous. You will also find that the claimed 1ghz processors actually clock around 800mhz. I and the community can vouch for this. For a decent android 2.1 tablet you will likely have to spend around 200 dollars to get a tablet with everything it is supposed to, a good warranty, and good support if something goes buggy(And it will).

Apparently, i would not agree with your point view on China tablet suppliers, you know what, i do agree that there're shady suppliers among the market, but there're also a large amount of sincere suppliers want to do sincere business with every customer.
As for the android 2.2's release, just like what TheZ said, no announcements yet, but we'll give you the latest news about that,be patient pls.:)

Last edited:

TheZ

Dec 20, 2010
OK so can you make a new reccomendation if I was to increase my budget to say $250 max?

Your only heavily supported options with that budget are still the ZT-180 or the Flytouch2/Superpad... which are both great tablets. They are actually very comparable in many aspects and I would have a hard time choosing between the two. The Flyouch 2 has a big following and a very successful previous model(Flytouch). I personally have never owned the ZT-180 but it seems to have very few bugs. The Flytouch2/Superpad has a GPS if that helps.