FINALLY found a free handwriting app to take notes during a business meeting!

kenzeler

Feb 25, 2011
Hey guys,

for weeks i've been looking for a free note taking app. These were the requirements:

- handwriting with stylus
- to use on a 10 inch screen
- able to save, edit and send
- professional look
- no lag

I've tried about 20 apps before i finally found the right one: MaplePaint

Now i use it during business meetings to write down short sentences, drawings, etc.

Here is the link MaplePaint | Android Apps - Best Android App Reviews | Android-Apps.com
because i couldn't find it in the market.

xanadol

Mar 11, 2011
So I was wondering, does it feel like you're writing on a piece of paper. I am thinking about buying an android tablet and I only used the IPAD at the apple store to see how it feels to write on a tablet, do you think with this application it feels like writing on an ipad?
also what kind of a stylus are you using?

Thanks

Hey guys,

for weeks i've been looking for a free note taking app. These were the requirements:

- handwriting with stylus
- to use on a 10 inch screen
- able to save, edit and send
- professional look
- no lag

Now i use it during business meetings to write down short sentences, drawings, etc.

Here is the link MaplePaint | Android Apps - Best Android App Reviews | Android-Apps.com
because i couldn't find it in the market.

kenzeler

Feb 25, 2011
It's not like writing on the ipad (capacitive screen) but it does the trick. I use for quick notes and drawings. The stylus came included as a keyboard case. I bought it at Solonomi.

Buy Zenithink ZT180 Apad @ the Lowest Price!

It's different as writing on paper and you'll need a few days of practice to get the hang of it.

Good luck!

dawnlauryn

Apr 16, 2011
Thanks for the Solonomi link, they pointed out a captivate stylus with a nice narrow tip that I plan to check out.

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but I've scrubbed google and can't find the answer. I use a Motorola Xoom and have Maple Paint installed. LOVE IT, BUT: once you create a document, how on earth do you reopen it? I installed an explorer app (Astro) so I can locate my files but if you click on them, nothing opens up. It doesn't realize you need to open maple paint to see it.

oreo cookie

May 24, 2011
Please take a look at PenSupremacy, It's the closest to penultimate for android, and for the price tag of 99 cents it can't be beaten.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.apking.ultipen
ss-2-320-480-160-0-3ab0c4a50083c9708610ca4cd9a033c0510ee925

SwissGuy

Apr 21, 2011
Just a word to inform you that TabNotes have been released in full version.
I'm currently working on the export PDF features which should be available soon.
f-3-fb4dff2df1c03687ee41b0052a770d4bced5184a

Guy in Cheese

Ceger

May 17, 2011
You should try to have TabNotes be able to export the note image to other apps loaded into Android such as Evernote, SmartPad, etc.. Also adding image, typed text and resize abilities on element types would make this app perfect.

Go take a look at Canvas Memo AD. It is free and has some great ideas, but the execution has some issues and it seems that the app has been abandoned.

Otherwise loving TabNotes.

I would be interested in trying PenSupremacy, but would like a demo version as you generally need more than 15 minutes to determine if you want the app or not.

Ceger

Jul 28, 2011
PenSupremacy is very primitive, Tabnotes is good but it would be better if it had capabilities of inserting pics and sound as well. Still the best note taking app that I have seen so far.

avinery

Aug 3, 2011
Can anyone tell me how the tablet responds when resting a palm on it?... Does it interfere with responding to the stylus?
Is resting the palm even necessary?

avinery

Aug 3, 2011
Are you looking for cheap epad? Are you looking for a built-in 3G tablet? Are you looking for GPS tablet?

VIA8650, Dropad A8, Samsung S5PV210, Flytouch 3, Flytouch 4, ...

Come to see my store, All 5% OFF: www.**************/fm-store/506564

Actually, I need a versatile tablet, not very cheap.
I don't need 3G, I do need GPS, and I would like to enjoy the responsiveness of the high-end devices.

The things is... I want to adapt to taking notes on my tablet, and I also want to develop a notes-based application. So I am wondering if that would be possible on a device that does not have a built in "palm rejection" feature like the Flyer (the Flyer is too small for my taste).

I can write palm-rejection myself if the API allows it.
That's why I am trying to understand how the device responds to a palm's touch.

Tom93

Jan 29, 2012
Looks to me like handrite https://market.android.com/details?id=my.handrite&hl=en has some really nice features - like giving you a bigger writing area on the bottom of the screen, the ability to move your notes around, and the ability to type in your notes.
I also just ordered a mesh-tipped capacitive stylus which I hope will slide over the screen better than those rubber ones do.

Tom93

Jan 29, 2012

Well, I decided the problem I was having with handwriting on a (rooted) Nook Color was the screen resolution, so I upgraded to a (rooted) Nook Simple Touch, and now MaplePaint works great, especially with a caseen stylus !
Thanks for the suggestion.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Well, I decided the problem I was having with handwriting on a (rooted) Nook Color was the screen resolution, so I upgraded to a (rooted) Nook Simple Touch, and now MaplePaint works great, especially with a caseen stylus !
Thanks for the suggestion.

It really isn't the screen resolution, the resolution of e-ink displays is likely considerably lower than most tablet LCD displays, it is more the function of the capacitive interface. I just found my own solution for note taking - a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus with a Pogo capacitive stylus and the Grafitti input method. The Pogo uses a much finer tip than most and more of a cloth material. I had about given up with all the rubber tip, nearly useless types out there and decided to give it one more try.
I will admit my Sony PRS T1 reader, with its infrared touch screen and included stylus works quite well for note taking, even if someone was leary of rooting it as it has a built in note taking app. Mine is rooted running adwLauncher and various apps just for the fun of it.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Tablet Forum