Not open for further replies.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Website was down for maintenance. Its back up

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
So I took the dive today and used the burn tool and burned this image to the sd card and updated my ftii. Registration has been removed. System upgrade option available and system performance is nice. Actually looks like a tablet now.

Screen freaks out when recalibrating on start up but worth the freak show.

I came to realize if we could edit this uboot update. We could install custom software that way...hmmm

Don't depend on my opinion on performance on tablet. Each view is different and possible ur tablets hardware(if its built differently ofcourse which I'm thinking some ftii are)

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Might lose root abilities with z4root but have no worries

Last edited:

wuku

Feb 24, 2011
Not to ask a dumb question, but can someone post directions to use this update? I wanna make sure I don't screw this up.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Well u need burntool first off

Second if u want to be safe. Do the burn to sd option. Itl burn the update to the sd card and when u boot the tablet up. Itl find the update and apply it.
As for burning it direct from the usb, wrong person to ask since I don't have a windows pc. I use linux. I used the burn to sd option in a virtual pc.

What do you have ready first

wuku

Feb 24, 2011
I'll use the SD card method I have like 2 or 3 2gb sd cards i can use one of those to apply the update.

On a side note, I tried using the usb method and I'm just gonna wait till someone makes it so I can flash it via sd card. Hopefully that'll be soon.

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Well I was working on custom software but this has put a door in my path so guess I'll work on it now. I'll c what I can do

Things I like about the update
*the three logo boot screens removed and replaced with just the first and normal android boot screen
*better lock screen minimized instead of cross screen drag.
Registration removed
Better performance
Built in apk manager, process manager, update manager, infotm app store
Things I don't like
The update requires the tablet to do a full calibration which the screen freaks out for 4 minutes and u think u bricked or destroyed it. (Which I'm thinking why this update can't be done via update.zip requiring the start up boot from sd process)
They removed debugging in applications (meaning z4root useless. Our previous way of root) so I'm unrooted at thee moment

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
After
Layen playen. I found a successfull root apk. So I'm back to root. And its actually an enjoyable tablet now...
Wonder if the ft3 firmware will be able to run on here. I'm not to excited for froyo when ik flash may not work on the ftii but app to sd would be nice

lsd42

Feb 26, 2011
I've got a "china" wowpad tablet and i often flash them to obtain better perf !
that's why i've just install this version via SD Card (i have to do this two times)
As rgocal i have not anymore the usb debugging option :( so not possible to root the pad with z4root as before.
So what is the solution now ? cause i want to delete some app and want to use some facilities like sshdroid and more
I always have pb with th gps, i hope that this version can make my gps works....but not !
so i'm not sure if there is really a connected gps inside !!!! how can i check that ? (without opening it)
GPS Status show me in ..shangai ! (31°12.230N, 121°34.581E) and never move nor catch gps signal

tabletboy

Feb 22, 2011
Ugh....after I did the update, I didn't like it :rolleyes:*go figure* so I went back to 1623.

Any word AT ALL on Froyo for flytouch 2 or any official updates at all? I want something faster and newer.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I'll try to get that apk up for root. It some how unlocks the debug.

As soon as ft3 hits the sales. We can see firmware updates for them which then we can flash to the ftii. With the over production of the ftii. I've gotta feeling that some of these devices have different hardware specs because when I did the adb on my ftii. It told me I had a arm6 processor when its supposedly arm11.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Ugh....after I did the update, I didn't like it :rolleyes:*go figure* so I went back to 1623

Hang on a bit longer. I got the clockwork recovery image almost working and then we can get some good software in this tablet.

If somebody doesn't know what I'm talking about...somthing thatl safe yoyr tablet if u do somthing wrong

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
xda-developers

This root apk is meant for another device but hey if it works it works. Once u get it installed. Make sure u go on the market and download busybox afterword

Make sure u have a xda account...if not make one. Its always good to have an acount over their for these acasions

Status
Not open for further replies.