First Ice Cream Sandwich Powered Tablet in the US is Only $120: Ainovo Novo7 Paladin

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
First-tablet-in-the-States-powered-by-ICS-120.jpg

The first Android tablet to come to the US with Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich officially pre-loaded on it will not be an expensive flagship model from one of the big name manufacturers. The first ICS tablet will be the Ainovo Novo7 Paladin, and will only be $120 bucks! You will be able to pick up the device from online retailers like Pandawill or Merimobiles, with free shipping. Other methods of attaining the tab, result in a price for the tab of only $100 bucks, but an import shipping charge of $60 dollars tacked on to that. The tablet is designed to be budget-friendly, but still has some decent specs for its cheap price tag. Here's a breakdown:
  • Single-core 1GHz MIPS-Based XBurst CPU with a Vivante GC860 GPU clocked at 444MHz
  • 7 inch WVGA display (this version has no camera)
  • Wi-Fi enabled
  • No 3G connectivity out of the box, but there is a dongle available for purchase that will give you 3G/WCDMA support
  • 1080p video decoding
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 8GB of storage
  • microSD card slot for additional storage
  • 4000mAh battery for 7 hours of web browsing or 6 hours of gaming
The specs may fit the "budget-friendly" marketing, but the price is awesome to get your hands on an ICS device. If you want to, there is no telling how long the special $120 dollar promotional will last, so you may want to jump on it quickly. What do you think?

Source: PhoneArena and Merimobiles and Pandawill

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
This looks like a good tablet for NY younger bro. Will this have Netflix compatibility?

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
I don't think netflix can work with this device, because it can't even support flash 11, the Novo 7 Advance can support Netflix, but that device has been out of stock for a while, ok, guys, here is an Unboxing video for this Ainovo NOvo 7 Paladin,check here

My Nova didn't support Flash at all when I got it but after rooting it took 10 fine even though Pandigital said that compatibility was still coming, and now it runs 11. This tab does 10.1 and my guess is it probably does, or will do 11 soon.

barristan

Dec 27, 2011
I am seriously thinking of buying one but all of the retailers that carry them look kinda sketchy on resellerratings.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
I would not trusted them off the road dealers online. You may buy something and it could be used as a scam to get credit card numbers and personal information. I would look into the website a little more before making a purchase

Sent from my Transformer TF101

waqas

Dec 28, 2011
for the specs is this worth it or can you get similar specs for less but with a lower version of android, say Gingerbread?

Thanks

J.Farley

Dec 28, 2011
Just ordered one yesterday from merimobiles.com. Should be coming in next thursday. Used a preloaded walmart visa card so hopefully no funny business! Can't beat 109.99 with free shipping

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
Please post how you like this because if it's good and actually comes in I will be buying one. I love my nook tablet rooted but its missing hdmi and other aspects

jondo1383

Dec 29, 2011
Just ordered one yesterday from merimobiles.com. Should be coming in next thursday. Used a preloaded walmart visa card so hopefully no funny business! Can't beat 109.99 with free shipping
Well I actually just canceled my order from merimobles.(Seen some funny business)
They tried to pull a fast one one me, THIS TABLET DOES NOT COME WITH HDMI Output!
They changed the description after I placed my order, ans they didn't tell ANYONE! (-But they did say they'd cancel it for me within 48hrs) I'd always recommend paypal for shady vendors
If you watch the release video you'll see that the orginal version they calmed comes with "certified Android 4.0" in fact is not this model but appears as either Novo 7 Basic or Advanced, here's a link Ainovo N7 Tablet introducing Android 4.0 Ice-Cream Sandwich ICS - YouTubeI'm very disappointed to find that it's not just the vendor's fault (not listing correct specs) but the manufacturer itself that made claims they have yet to prove, looking at their website it's clearly misinformation product
It's my opinion that this Ainol Paladin maybe just that (Something that'll pillage your ainol).
...But I did order the Novo7 Basic (for 137 @bestmid) with all ainol claimed 2cam's, hdmi output -all in hope that they keep their promise of Google certified ICS (not the beta they have out).