Hands On with Ainol's Novo7 Paladin Ice Cream Sandwich Table for Only $79

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
novo7-paladin.jpg

If you are in the market for a truly budget-friendly tablet, then this hands on from the folks over at Engadget is worth a look. The Ainol Novo7 Paladin has the distinction of being the world's first and likely cheapest (as of right now) Ice Cream Sandwich powered Android tablet. The tablet is already available in China for a measly $79.99, and it is supposedly coming to the States at a similar price. Surprisingly, the guys that did the hands-on writeup at Engadget indicated that it actually had a pretty solid build, so it might be worth a second look. We've briefly talked about this device in the past, and its specs are mediocre at best, but at $80 bucks, it's practically disposable. We couldn't use Engadget's custom video, but you can see the full hands-on over at the source link below.

What do you guys think? Worth the small investment as a cheap portable video watcher and e-reader, or simply craptacular? Share your opinion in the thread.

Source: Engadget

hanananwar

Nov 21, 2011
If you want to wast your mony go for it , even my 3 year old daugter hate it.Ita just a piece of junk.

criver

Oct 20, 2011
I think the tablet's great for the money - sure it doesn't comapre let's say to Ainol Novo 7 Elf/Advanced or Basic - but still it's 50$ (or more) cheaper - I think that's the best tablet available if you're on a really tight budget - or if you just don't need anything more - compared to most (maybe all) tablets with a similar price it is just unbelievable.
@hanananwar: I don't really think a 3 year old could give much of a review for a tablet...

BoltGnut

Jan 14, 2012
Ive been playing with mine for a day now. After removing the chinese language bloatware Im starting to like it. Im using a 3mbps cable and newer wireless router and it is much slower than my 4G HTC Thunderbolt, but I like the battery life and screen size. Im hoping that Flash and other issues get fixed. I ordered from Merimobiles for $110 on 12/26 and got it yesterday 1/13.

J

jimbo7630

It'll be pretty hard to find one on ebay for $79.99 - most start at about £79.99 (£1 sitting at about $1.53 just now!)