Flash on Xoom

Aug 24, 2010
My father told me he wants to buy a tablet for my mothers birthday. This would make my mothers day more convenient because my mom is constantly on the internet. The problem is that my mom plays a bunch of those Facebook games. I am aware of iPad has apps for a few of the popular ones like Farmville but my mom plays several others that i do not belive have apps. I have been monitoring the Xoom situation for a while but since it didn't come out with flash, my Dad wont buy it (Since she just would go to her computer anyway to play her facebook games it would be useless to buy something without the ability to play the game). Few days ago this came out: Flash for your Xoom!. So my question is can somebody with a Xoom look and see if Facebook games will work with this version of flash? Frontierville and Farmville? Basically if it does then we will get a Xoom but if not it would be hard to convince my dad to get one. He was eyeballing the iPad 2 as well, which does look cool. Hope i get Android though....Becuase all my apps would transfer.

Aug 24, 2010
Hey guys, some input would be nice. All these views and no comments arnt cool....A simple yes it can play facebook games would be better than nothin or a no it doesnt...

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
Even though it is only 80 percent ready at the moment.........flash will be available shortly.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Yes it can play flash games like Farmville. I just tested it out. It's not great but it does work. Any other questions just ask away! :)

FYI.. flash 10.2 is fully functional on the xoom now....

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum App

Big_Jim

Mar 16, 2011
I got one a few hours ago.
You just need to go to the Market and download the Flash app.
It happened for me automatically once I logged in with my Gmail account. Unit auto downloaded and installed all the apps I had synced from my Droid. Amazon app store was the only one I had to do manually, and that was also easy.

So far every web page I browsed looked fine. In fact better than my tiny netbook screen could do. Of course my netbook has regular Windows and is arguably faster. But overall I am sure I will be carrying the XOOM around while my netbook stays at home or in the car.

Big_Jim

Mar 16, 2011
Alright now I got one complaint. While I can view flash based videos, my browser keeps telling every website I hit that I am mobile, which means I get the crappy version of the page. On Youtube about half of my favorite vids are disabled.
Got Dolphin HD and told it I would use the full size websites, that solves some problems. BUT, whenever I shift focus from the page it freezes. So no listening to youtube in the background.

m207

Apr 17, 2011
the guy at staples told me you can play cafe world, frontierville on the xoom. farmville is not supported yet. when you try to do farmville it says it's not supported on this device.. I updated my flash to the 10.2 like the guy said. my frontierville loads but then i get a big "!" and i have to go back out of the game. the main reason to buying this was to be able to play my facebook game apps. i read online somewhere about a guy who got one for his wife and she plays both of those games on hers. i have been trying to search it and i can't find it anywhere i wanted to ask him how she plays those since i cant get them on mine. i wonder what he did different.

Maymay

May 9, 2011
Please let me know if you figure out how to play the fb apps. I have been on my thunderbolt for 3 days now and cannot figure it out

the guy at staples told me you can play cafe world, frontierville on the xoom. farmville is not supported yet. when you try to do farmville it says it's not supported on this device.. I updated my flash to the 10.2 like the guy said. my frontierville loads but then i get a big "!" and i have to go back out of the game. the main reason to buying this was to be able to play my facebook game apps. i read online somewhere about a guy who got one for his wife and she plays both of those games on hers. i have been trying to search it and i can't find it anywhere i wanted to ask him how she plays those since i cant get them on mine. i wonder what he did different.