FlyTouch 2, 10".2, model SAWEE10 10" FREEZE ON START

saintalyre

Jan 15, 2012
Hi,

I have a Flytouch 2 (android 2.2 v2.1#3925, core 2.6.32.9, build FRF85B). All was OK till yesterday.
I use it without any problem for months, I never try to update any system part ... just use it.
And to day, when I press the start button, I have this screen, and nothing else : it is frozen !

$Infotmic1.jpg

So I try a factory reset (I press and hold home button + back button and power on the unit)
The device displays "infoTMIC" image.
When the "Press the required keys if you want to apply a factory reset.
System will reboot normally in X seconds..."
is displayed, the unit stops at the last 1 second like this :

$Infotmic2.jpg

And nothing else appends ... Why ?
Someone can help me ?
Thanks.

gordo52

Jan 20, 2012
I had a sawee10 same build, mine kept freezing, I tried a flash which I could get even to run until I tried Power button plus volume minus, sadly the sawee rom did nothing the only one I got to work was a P041, but no wifi, so flashed it back to sawee10 and demanded a refund or replacement which i got.

these are by no means the best machines, they appear to very erratic and contain all sorts of different builds and versions, which make flashing more of a lottery than it should be. My third is now running 2.3.3 the two I sent back were 2.1.1.and 2.2.2. they are from the same seller who informed me from the same batch.

Hope somebody helps

SCHMEDLEYB

Jan 7, 2012
Saintalyre,
When you get to the point where it says to "press the required keys within 5 seconds" you should try pressing the HOME button on the top edge of the pad and the BACK button on the front of the pad at the same time before the 5 second countdown is up.
This should start a factory reset and begin to reboot the tab.
It should reboot as normal and may take you to a screen calibration screen right away before showing you the home screen.

If that does not work, try flashing a new rom on your tab. It is pretty easy on these tabs. There is a Sawee10 rom at this link (scroll down to the middle of the first page of posts) that worked on my generic tab.Android Tab10 - SlateDroid.com

There is great instruction there for rooting and flashing these tablets.

hope this helps-

saintalyre

Jan 15, 2012
Hi Schmedleyb,

Thanks for help ...
I tested your easy way but I have thoses two messages :
"Getting Recovery image", then "No Recovery Image is found, try recover from SD" ...
And then ... frozen !
Do you know why ?

SCHMEDLEYB

Jan 7, 2012
Saintalyre,

These things are not fun to try and figure out with out support. I know because I bought one with out ever really playing with Androd before. I don't even have an android phone.

I have flashed several roms to my tab this way. Here are exactly the steps I use-

(Hopefully your tab is still rooted and the sd card is being recognized)

1. Erase all data and format the sd card (i use the right click format in windows for this, it seems to work for me- not quick format- just click ok)
2. Drag these 5 files from the unzipped rom to the sd card - ramdisk.img - system.img - uImage - userdata.img - zSYS.img. Just leave them in the root of the sd not in any folder.
3. With the tablet power off, insert sd card.
4. Get your fingers ready touching all the buttons - power - home and back button on front.
- first press power
- when you see action on the screen press all three at the same time until you get the 5 second message
- press the home and back button on the front before the 5 seconds is up.
6. Watch it reboot. (may take a while up to 5 minutes)
7. The screen calibrate screen will show after booting before the home screen. touch the crosshairs and after the 5th touch your home screen should pop up.

I should tell you that only 1 of the 2 sawee roms at the link I posted worked on my pad so you may need to try both.

7zip works great to unpack the .rar files before moving them to the sd card.

If this does not work for you I'm not sure what else will?

I hope I helped.

Last edited:

saintalyre

Jan 15, 2012
Hi Schmedleyb,

Thanks for help ...
I tried each sawee roms : all fine till the reboot.
Just before the reboot starts (during the count down), I removed the SD and I waited more than 10 mins, but nothing ! it's depressing ...
I've sent a message to the seller (in china) : he answered, and must send me a process to fix the problem ... Allelouia !!
If I have a result, I will tell you how ...
Thanks again, and excuse me for my English : French people are so lazy to study any language !
see you later.

SCHMEDLEYB

Jan 7, 2012
Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.
You say you took the card out when it is counting down?
You should leave it in until after the second buttons push, and until after the first view of the new home screen.
After the tab fully boots and you can get to your settings then you can unmount the card, and reformat it so you can have an empty card to use for adding files and apps to.

Do not worry about the english thing, I'm pretty sure Americans are just as lazy.

Sent from my mercury using Android Tablet Forum

drwale2000

Mar 6, 2012
I am having a similar problem.In my case i used quick format and dragged all the 5files on to my sd card but when i powered my pad, it just load like everything is normal after which it get stuck on blank screen. It doesnt load the files on the sdcard like it should.What should i do. An idiot guide will be preferred cus i have tried everything on all forum but non seems to have helped me.
Thanks
Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.
You say you took the card out when it is counting down?
You should leave it in until after the second buttons push, and until after the first view of the new home screen.
After the tab fully boots and you can get to your settings then you can unmount the card, and reformat it so you can have an empty card to use for adding files and apps to.

Do not worry about the english thing, I'm pretty sure Americans are just as lazy.

Sent from my mercury using Android Tablet Forum

reva

May 7, 2012
hi,
i have a a chinesse tab same as that of saintalyre. i did a factory reset and then the tab restarted andthen it was stuck on "ANDORID_"......i did the three finger rest thing and then it said "No Recovery Image is found, try recover from SD" so could u tell me if these steps u gave will work for my tab since its a chinese one....and if yes then where do i get "ramdisk.img - system.img - uImage - userdata.img - zSYS.img" files from?? please reply...thanks for ur help :)

reva

May 7, 2012
SCHMEDLEYB,
i have a a chinesse tab same as that of saintalyre. i did a factory reset and then the tab restarted andthen it was stuck on "ANDORID_"......i did the three finger rest thing and then it said "No Recovery Image is found, try recover from SD" so could u tell me if these steps u gave will work for my tab since its a chinese one....and if yes then where do i get "ramdisk.img - system.img - uImage - userdata.img - zSYS.img" files from?? please reply...thanks for ur help :)