Flytouch 2 compatible SD Cards [LIST]

Cor

Dec 5, 2010
I need to buy one (maybe two) SD Cards for my Flytouch 2. I have no clue which to buy. I want to make an informed choice, and not throw money away. I'm thinking I'm probably not alone.

I'm also thinking it would be a great idea to have a list (see below) of all the cards people have already tried with the Flytouch 2, and whether or not they work.

Please let me (and the others who will surely follow!) know the make, model, size (GB), and anything else you think is relevant about your SD card, and importantly, whether or not it works in the Gome Flytouch 2 (aka. 'FT2'), aka..

• WOWpad
  • SuperPAD
  • APad GF10
  • ZH10X2
  • Careeror CM10104
  • “HyPE-Pad” bei BuyADroid
  • ShenZhen FirstView Electronic Co. PC1002I
Many thanks!

;o) Cor

--

Firstly, it seems most cheap, generic SDHC cards will work with the Wowpad (yup, even those sub-£30 32GB SDHC cards you see on eBay). If your pad has any problems with it, give it a full format (Fat32) on a Windows/Linux/Mac box, and try again.

The following SD cards are known to work with the Flytouch 2:

Adata HC 8 GB (Class 6)
Apacer HC 8 GB
NewTel 2 GB
Kingston HC 8 GB
Patriot 3GB (Class 10)

Keep 'em coming! ;o)

Last edited:

Cor

Dec 5, 2010
Thanks, but that's not useful at all.

Does anyone have any actual data?

;o) Cor

rocky289

Nov 18, 2010
Gosh is there that many different names for the Flytouch.
Yes, handy to know about sd cards, they are expensive little things.
I am just looking at buying some now.
I would like to know if it is better to use a small capacity card to boot from to change firmware.

Farang

Nov 9, 2010
I have only tried a few brands of micro-SD cards that I bought or had lying around and they all work. Here's my list of the ones I have tried in the Flying Touch II:

1. NewTel 2 GB
2. Apacer HC 8 GB
3. Kingston HC 8 GB

Allen

re firmware: When I flashed the rom, just to be safe, I used the 2 GB NewTel, freshly formatted, with only the update.zip on it.

Last edited:

rocky289

Nov 18, 2010
You can add Adata HC 8 GB Class 6 to that list.
I havent had to update mine yet, it came with 1170.
I'll keep an eye out for good deal on a smaller card for future updates.

Last edited:

Farang

Nov 9, 2010
I don't see the link now, but here is where I got it: 11-7 update is here and confirmed to work! . From what they say, it seems any micro-SD card will do, just so long as update.zip is put in the root. Probably no need to format either--maybe cannot be NTFS. I'll look around for that link.

Update: I wasn't paying attention-- the link is the word "Here", the first word in the second paragraph.

Last edited:

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
Last time I used this file, update failed, did not pass some verification even my ft2 is with entered license. After failed update tablet did not accept same license key.

Same as wrote here

I created a test update.zip and signed it with the common testsign.jar found everywhere on the Internet. I then rebooted the device into recovery mode and selected the update.zip option. The device did recognize the my update.zip but gave an error message saying "signature authentication failed!" So, any idea how the update.zip can be properly signed?

Thanks
smiley.gif

Last edited:

Farang

Nov 9, 2010
I think this is the same update.zip I successfully ran while trying to fix my bricked ft2 (it didn't fix it, but there were no errors). The downloaded update.zip file I have is 7.12 MB and contains 3 folders: META-INF 311 KB, patch 3.71 MB, and system 3.87 MB (from Windows Explorer).

"Last time I used this file, update failed,.." You're referring to the Slatedroid update.zip, right? You previously ran it and it worked ??

Are you quoting Zap, the moderator who wrote the 11-7 Update thread at Slatedroid? Or is this someone else writing about a different update.zip (They all have to be named update.zip to work, I think)?

Sorry, for all the questions. I'm just trying to figure out why it worked for me, but not you. I was running build 1001 when I ran the 1107 upgrade.zip successfully.

Cor

Dec 5, 2010
You can add Adata HC 8 GB Class 6 to that list.

Here's my list of the ones I have tried in the Flying Touch II:

1. NewTel 2 GB
2. Apacer HC 8 GB
3. Kingston HC 8 GB

Thanks. It's especially good to know it can handle HC cards, they seem to be cheaper. I've only tried a regular Micro SD 2GB Sandisk card a mate gave me; after a couple of hours, half full, it decided to become read-only on me. Even Gparted on a linux box can't format it now. Och well. Time to spend some money I guess..

I'll put these (and any others folk might mention) into my first post, for easy access. Cheers!

;o) Cor

morrgainne

Jan 8, 2011
Hi I have a Wowpad with the Kernal Version 2.6.32.9 hzhao@emma #1 build number deb-r2.1.1170.
Iam using a Patriot 32 Gig class 10 card. The system reports Total Space of 30.91 gb and I have some ebooks and a some pictures on the card. All can be used by the appropriate apps.:)

ps if someone could tell me of an app that will get the processor speed type etc i would appreciate the info

Morrgainne

Cor

Dec 5, 2010
Hi I have a Wowpad with the Kernal Version 2.6.32.9 hzhao@emma #1 build number deb-r2.1.1170.
Iam using a Patriot 32 Gig class 10 card. The system reports Total Space of 30.91 gb and I have some ebooks and a some pictures on the card. All can be used by the appropriate apps.:)

ps if someone could tell me of an app that will get the processor speed type etc i would appreciate the info

Morrgainne

There are a few apps that you might find useful, like Advanced System Info or Android Task Manager. The best way is to go into a shell (over adb from the comfort of your desktop machine, is fine) and do:

Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo
or maybe..

Code:
busybox cat /proc/cpuinfo
..if the first command didn't work (and if the second doesn't work, install busybox!). The output from mine looks like this..

Code:
Processor       : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l)
BogoMIPS        : 791.34
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java 
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 6TEJ
CPU variant     : 0x1
CPU part        : 0xb36
CPU revision    : 5

Hardware        : WOODY
Revision        : 0004
Serial          : 0000000000000000
Thanks for the SD card info.

;o) Cor

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
32 gig sdhc $AU50 free postage from ebay Au. Stick it in when pad is on. It recognises it and gives a beep.
Getting another one next pension day. You beauty!
I have a wow/superpad infotmic 2.1 10.1"