Found any Medical Apps?

imaginashawn

Jul 26, 2010
I've always been a techy kinda guy. First it was cars ... that lasted about 20 years. Then computers ... on about my 20th year there and still going strong. About ten years ago I developed an interest in medical. Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, etc., etc. . Now that I have an Android tablet. I'd love to get some medical apps on it to compliment my Anatomy book I have on it to further my studies. Haven't had any luck in finding medical freeware that can be downloaded with a tablet. I did find 'iTriage' but turns out that's not an apk (think it was zip). Please note, I snuck the word 'freeware' in there, I live on less than you would believe! :p So, finally getting around to my question in my usual chatty way .... anyone see any free medical apps out there?
Thanks, Shawn

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
so i just ran really quick through the market and there are a grip of medical apps but first i think the itriage you found was an apk file a lot of people that post apk's online will change the extension to .zip so all you have to do when you download it is change it back to .apk now be careful that dont change it to .apk.apk just a heads up. now for other medical apps skyscape medical resources is a free app you can read about it here Skyscape Medical Resources v1.0.25 Application for Android | Health novartis oncology medical info is another free app Novartis Oncology Medical Info v1.0 Application for Android | Health medpage today mobile is a free app and looks pretty interesting i think you might like this one if you like medical news MedPage Today Mobile v1.3.1 Application for Android | Health if you need apk's for these or any other or if you just want me to look for more let me know and i will see what i can do

imaginashawn

Jul 26, 2010
Thank you both for your help. Just my luck, the zip I downloaded was a zipped exe. Good to know there are some apk's zipped though, thanks.
On the subject of using the market. As far as I can tell, you have to be able to scan that square right? I have no way of doing that with my tablet (no cam on it). Any ideas? If I take a picture of the 'scan swatch' with my digital camera and put the sd card in my tablet .... then what do I do? Is there a way to make that work? I have tried buying some software as well but they say I can't because my device has no I.D. . It's true, this is not a phone so there's no way for them to I.D. it.
Shawn

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
I'm in the trade, and the one I use most is Merck Medicus, You can download it from the site of Merck. Great, uptodate information. Skyscape/ Medscape funny, but -at least for me- not very useful. Cardio Calc is an android app I use a lot, and Pubmed mobile for looking up medical journal information..