Fully updated android market w/o any root, just drop and install apk, 70-80-1024

Vergil44747

Apr 18, 2011
Step 1. go to this link, and download the apk here, Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe

Step 2. put the apk on the your sd card, or internal memory.

Step 3. Run the built in .Apk Installer and install the apk you downloaded.

Step 4. run Market, agree to the terms of service, and enjoy the latest Android 2.2 Market on your Coby Kyros 7024,8024 and 1024 :)

Sticky please!

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
from the other "Market" thread all i did when market didn't show up after copying to the system\app folder i just installed everything except the networklocations.apk then reboot and its now working.

mkol

Apr 16, 2011
Thank you for posting this!

Like others, the market closed when launched for me. I fixed this by installing the “GoogleServicesFramework.apk” from the .zip file linked in the other market thread. (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/13565-android-market-7024-a.html).

The Google Services Framework allows you to link a Google account to your tablet. This was also my next problem – my tablet wouldn’t communicate with the Google server. I checked both “Background Data” and “Auto-sync” in Settings > Accounts & sync settings(as per another forum I found while searching for a solution, not positive you actually need to do this), and then restarted my tablet.

After restarting, I was able to create a Google account and access the market. I also successfully downloaded an app from the market.

Jory76

Apr 18, 2011
mkol's method worked for me. I did not have check background data or auto-sync. But I did have to restart my tablet. But then the market started force closing on me.

UPDATE: The force closing seems to happen most if not all the time in portrait mode.

UPDATE 2: Clearing the markets cache seems to have stopped the force closes. Atleast for the time being.

Last edited:

mkol

Apr 16, 2011
mkol's method worked for me. I did not have check background data or auto-sync. But I did have to restart my tablet. But then the market started force closing on me.

UPDATE: The force closing seems to happen most if not all the time in portrait mode.

UPDATE 2: Clearing the markets cache seems to have stopped the force closes. Atleast for the time being.

I haven't had any force closes in either portrait or landscape mode, although I'm sure everyone's mileage will vary with these work around solutions.

I know we're not rooting and flashing new ROMs here, but I have seen force closes on new apps from APK UID mismatches. I'm not super knowledgeable in the linux system, but would a mismatch be possible if someone had tried installing a different market prior to the one in this thread?

Here is a forum post that explains some about mismatches: Android Forums - View Single Post - [How to] Install and Use Clockworkmod Recovery w/Screen captures (Mesmerize)

I'm guessing it doesn't apply in this situation, but it is still worth considering.

mkol

Apr 16, 2011
I forgot to say earlier thank you for the solution to this mkol!

No problem, I'm always happy to assist when I can.

The 7024 is my first tablet, so I'm learning as I go. I'm glad that there seems to be a good community here.

Cheers

PartsMan

Apr 11, 2011
Like others, the market closed when launched for me. I fixed this by installing the “GoogleServicesFramework.apk” from the .zip file linked in the other market thread.

I couldn't get Google services to install. :(

mkol

Apr 16, 2011
I couldn't get Google services to install. :(

What error message do you receive when trying to install the GoogleServicesFramework.apk?

The .zip file in the other thread is a compressed file. I can't say without a doubt, but trying to install an apk that is compressed could be the cause of the error.

Try using either Windows or the included program (built into the ES File Explorer) on the tablet to uncompress the entire .zip, and then try installing the apk from the extracted files.

If you need more detailed instructions on how to extract the files from the .zip, feel free to let me know.

Good luck!

PartsMan

Apr 11, 2011
I downloaded the apk to my pc at work. Then I transfered it to the "downloads" file on my 7024. (Same thing I did with Adobe) Then when I went into file explore and the download folder and clecked on the apk file. I get the "Do you want to install this application". I click "install' and it tries for a few seconds and quits.

"Application not installed" is all that comes up.