Fully updated android market w/o any root, just drop and install apk, 70-80-1024

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I can open market app and see all my purchased apps but won't download. Google framework still crashes.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

PartsMan

Apr 11, 2011
WORKS PERFECTLY!!!

I downloaded two games and a calculator that aren't on Appslib.

I am not rooted at all. I did install Google services first this time. Not sure if that matters.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I tried that several times. As soon as I login to my Google account, when the privacy question comes up the service crashes.

Sent from EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
chalk me up as one who has successfully installed it. Unfortunately, it wasn't through this method, as this method didn't work for me. It was through the old method of downloading the ZIP file from the other thread and manually installing the following apk's from the zip: vendor, marketupdate and google services. Don't know if it matters, but I rebooted after each one of those installed. I installed two apps: one for precious metals stock tracking and a game, Pumpkins vs. Monsters. Both installed and function fine. I also made sure the Background Data and Auto-sync settings were checked. Again, the more manual worked for me. I didn't bother with the NetworkLoc apk as it seemed it didn't work for anyone anyway.

EDIT AGAIN: I bit the bullet and decided to try this method to see if the newer market would now install. And it did. So maybe that's the sequence for folks having trouble. Install the old market first and once it's working, install this newer one. I now have the newer market. Works great so far.

Last edited:

NeoStar9X

Aug 6, 2010
Okay I think I got it working. I installed the market apk and the googleservices apk from the other thread as suggested. Haven't added my account yet because I have a question. Can Google detect if your account isn't connected to a phone that is allowed to use the market? Can they and have they done anything to accounts that have added the market to devices that aren't suppose to have it?

pilotqx

May 25, 2011
Great Post! And Hi Everyone. I just joined the forum. Previously did most of my research here re Coby mid7024.
I got my Coby Mid7024 Last week.
Today I used this info and now I have a functioning Android Market on my tablet. The steps I did:
1. I used my dropbox.com account to store the apk files (I find it convenient - click, install)
2. Install GoogleServicesFramework.apk (it's in the link, the download zip file contains that file)
3. Install com.android.vending.froyo.apk

It works so far.

My Coby has a weird behavior - the screen turns on and off while in stand by.

The battery life seemed weak at first. I charged it from zero, over night, last night and it seems to be holding up fine so far.

rckowal

May 13, 2011
I am very pleased with my Coby MID8024 that I got last week. Although I am a first time tablet owner, I find that it's very easy to work with.

Today, I was able to install the Market along with a few apps from it. Although the information in this thread is some what disorganized & sketchy, it can get the job done. Thanks to all who have added bits & pieces to it.

From what I can tell; it appears that the 7024, 8024 & 1024 are all the same electronically even though the screen & case are different. If some one would volunteer to write a tutorial using the key elements in this thread, it would make a great sticky for the benefit of future Coby owners.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I just tried it and the market icon shows up but when I click on it it just flashes the screen and then comes back to the icon menu. The market never starts. In addition I have been trying to download the amazon app store all day. I have it on my 7015. It says web page unavailable. After attempting to install the android market I get the same flashing loop the market was giving me. I uninstalled the market and am now back to the web page unavailable screen.

void Indigo

Apr 1, 2011
It worked for me. One file didn't install, though. The NetworkLocation.apk. But I got the Market.

Thanks a lot, Vergil.

bodi

Jan 3, 2011
I've had the Kyros 7015 since January, rooted with Apps Market installed. For the last week I haven't been able to download ANYTHING from Apps Market. I got a new Kyros 7024 today and used the above method to install Apps Market. I have Apps Market installed, running, and I'm signed in. Same problem, it will NOT download ANYTHING. It keeps saying download paused and eventually it just stops. I've cleared the cache, etc. and restarted the tablet several times with no effect. HELP!!!!

cglenn4jc

Jun 3, 2011
Step 1. go to this link, and download the apk here, Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe

Step 2. put the apk on the your sd card, or internal memory.

Step 3. Run the built in .Apk Installer and install the apk you downloaded.

Step 4. run Market, agree to the terms of service, and enjoy the latest Android 2.2 Market on your Coby Kyros 7024,8024 and 1024 :)

Sticky please!

I followed this exactly and the program flashes and nothing happens...any suggestions??

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
chalk me up as one who has successfully installed it. Unfortunately, it wasn't through this method, as this method didn't work for me. It was through the old method of downloading the ZIP file from the other thread and manually installing the following apk's from the zip: vendor, marketupdate and google services. Don't know if it matters, but I rebooted after each one of those installed. I installed two apps: one for precious metals stock tracking and a game, Pumpkins vs. Monsters. Both installed and function fine. I also made sure the Background Data and Auto-sync settings were checked. Again, the more manual worked for me. I didn't bother with the NetworkLoc apk as it seemed it didn't work for anyone anyway.

EDIT AGAIN: I bit the bullet and decided to try this method to see if the newer market would now install. And it did. So maybe that's the sequence for folks having trouble. Install the old market first and once it's working, install this newer one. I now have the newer market. Works great so far.
I did this method too. I have the new market workng. Networklocation would not install. I downloaded the archtools.apk unzipped the file and installed that netwrkloc. It installed but location still does not work.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Ok just got around to try the Market install from a zip file in this thread.

It says to: 1st install android_market.apk  then install GoogleServicesFramework.apk using ApkInstall

When I try to install android_market.apk I get a 'Parse error'?? Did I miss something?

(Yes I unpacked the zip and moved the files to my micro SD card.)

Last edited:

lokl12

Jun 14, 2011
im at the point where it appears everything is good to go... market works fine, signed in, I can see it all... but it wont install says download was unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Thank you for posting this!

Like others, the market closed when launched for me. I fixed this by installing the “GoogleServicesFramework.apk” from the .zip file linked in the other market thread. (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/13565-android-market-7024-a.html).

The Google Services Framework allows you to link a Google account to your tablet. This was also my next problem – my tablet wouldn’t communicate with the Google server. I checked both “Background Data” and “Auto-sync” in Settings > Accounts & sync settings(as per another forum I found while searching for a solution, not positive you actually need to do this), and then restarted my tablet.

After restarting, I was able to create a Google account and access the market. I also successfully downloaded an app from the market.
I wonder if this is why the market won't work on the 7022? There is no Accounts & Sync Setting in the settings on the 7022, so no Background data or auto sync to check.