G-Tab dock

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I ordered the G-Tab dock from merimobiles.com and received it finally. I have to say that it was worth the wait. On my desk it holds it at the perfect viewing angle, love the plugs, and it has a quality build feel to it.

should have bought two! i have not tested the LAN connection or the HDMI out connection, I will update this when i have information on those.

cheers,
p

abird

Feb 8, 2011
I also just received the dock from merimobiles and love it! Am very interested how the LAN connection works for you as I am having difficulty with mine; the port does not light up when I plug in the cable (works on pc). I am running TnT Lite 4.1.0 which I understand has the ethernet capability built in from a previous release. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Nice P. I'm still researching but it looks like the G-Tab is my best bet. Esp with a sweet dock like this one. How long did it take to get?

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It took 5 weeks, which is exactly what they said it would....just was a long time to wait. There is a guy here in the States that buys in bulk and sells accessories, I didn't find him until after I placed the order. When I ordered an additional charger from him I got it in 2 days.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
It took 5 weeks, which is exactly what they said it would....just was a long time to wait. There is a guy here in the States that buys in bulk and sells accessories, I didn't find him until after I placed the order. When I ordered an additional charger from him I got it in 2 days.

Name/link?

fcirkse

Mar 24, 2011
I also just received the dock from merimobiles and love it! Am very interested how the LAN connection works for you as I am having difficulty with mine; the port does not light up when I plug in the cable (works on pc). I am running TnT Lite 4.1.0 which I understand has the ethernet capability built in from a previous release. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have you tried putting the LAN cable in before turning on the gTab and dock and then turning it on to see if it's active? I've heard the Malata works that way.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Steve at electroniccrap.com has these, and I think they may even be in stock at the moment.

tarakmehta

Feb 5, 2011
Were you able to get ethernet working from the dock ? Do both browser and apps work ? Which version of rom are you running ? I am using stock rom and unable to connect.

luvduchovny

May 20, 2011
Tarakmehta,

Usually to get the ethernet working you have to turn off wireless. Then if ethernet cable is plugged in, you can just click on brower and it should work. Apps that go out on the internet should also work. The only thing that usually doesn't want to work is Market. But if you are using the stock rom that came with the tablet then that shouldn't be a problem because Market wouldn't be on there in the first place.