Galaxy G Tab - imx515 1ghz/512mb/8gb/capacitive/3g/gps/cam/android 2.2

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
I don't mind if the tablet remains at 2.2. What I want is to make sure that if there are some bugs it will be fixed(or at least that they are trying to fix it). I have a Camangy WebStation and it has a bug that sometimes (quite often) the screen does not come back from sleep mode. The bug is still not resolved. I want to make sure that major bugs are fixed.

carioca10

Nov 1, 2010
Pazvanti!

Cool, I still have to wait December in order to buy one!

The Galaxy Tab products at US$ 360 seem more complete.

Regards,

Felipe

Last edited:

arqueiro

Nov 1, 2010
ae carioca, blz manolo?

im thinking about buying some of these really soon, next week i will be in the USA and i want to buy some tablet there....

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
OK! I talked with both sellers on AliExpress and apparently none have it in stock. It takes about 20 days for them to have units in stock so I think wait until it is either shipped right away or, hopefully, a better device will come out soon:)

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Apparently the price for this tablet went up. When it was at around 370$ it was a good alternative for the Samsung Galaxy Tab, but right now I think that the Archos tablet is better. It is cheaper, it is from a trustworthy company and we will surely get updates/bug-fixes. Right now not having an official manufacturer website and not knowing if there is any support for the device, they must lower the price if they want to compete with other tablets that are currently on the market (or will come out in the next month). Also, the 30Pin connector is a real down-side. It can cause problems when connecting your device via ADB, HDMI out is still unclear if it is supported or not and if this device isn't even in stock (like the first to sellers said) than, from my point of view, wait. The specs seem good. But with no support from the manufacturer it is still useless. What is the worth of having really good hardware if the software sucks, crashes and freezes. I am not saying this happens, just saying it is a possibility.

EDIT: There still are sellers that sell the tablet for 360$. You just have to search for it a little. The processing time is 20 or 30 days depending on the seller. That's a month. I could not find a seller that has it on stock, even if the price was 400$+. So showchina, you must really lower you price if you want to sell the tablet.

Last edited:

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Merimobiles has it on sale right now under the name Kinpad I600. Don't know if that is the real name or not but the specs look the same as the Galagy G tab (I doubt that is the real name as well). It is a little more expansive than on aliexpress but as far as I know it is on stock. There is currently a mistake on the site where it sais 8".I will contact them to report it.

If you decide to order from there and my info helped you, please use my referral link.You can find a page with different android tablets in my signature. Just click on any of them until I will have time to include this tablet as well. Thanks

EDIT: And it's no more available

Last edited:

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Supplier from Aliexpress promissed me shipping on this tab by 16 Jan 2011. I'm hopping it doesn't slip further. He said they got the first group of samples in in early December.

pjku79

Dec 29, 2010
I am just getting up to speed on all of these different china built tabs. I found this one on aliexpress that looks to be similar to the galaxy.

Wholesale New arrival & 8" android 2.2 OS RAM 512MB Samsung Chipset Tablet pc free shipping