Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

barisg

Mar 3, 2011
Although they have not been announced through AliExpress, ShowChina finally announced its new tablets;Showchina (10", Tegra2+Cortex A9, 1GHz)Showchina (9.7", Rockchip, 1.2 GHz)Showchina (7", Samsung, 1GHz)Showchina (7", Cortex A8, 1.2 GHz)These will rock Kinpad in the middle term.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Although they have not been announced through AliExpress, ShowChina finally announced its new tablets;Showchina (10", Tegra2+Cortex A9, 1GHz)Showchina (9.7", Rockchip, 1.2 GHz)Showchina (7", Samsung, 1GHz)Showchina (7", Cortex A8, 1.2 GHz)These will rock Kinpad in the middle term.

Yeap....I have already ordered one of the Tegra 2 the first day it came out...:eek: and they have been announced through AliExpress.

As for the kinpad in my opinion its an ok tablet, not stunning, its still "way to expensive". Main problems: cellular antenna not sensitive enough. No rear facing camera. price $385.00

Last edited:

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
:mad:Oh no......looks like the waiting period on these new showchina tablets can rival the kinpad with a release date of mid to late December.....sound familiar? Just wanted to ask a question to those who purchased using aliexpress is it safe to tie up my money in escrow for 48days possibly longer? Showchina seems to be a respectable chinese electronic company, the sales lady told me shipment date was october 25th "before I paid" Then after waiting a couple of weeks she told me the company changed the shipment date until December due to tablet technical issues.

Last edited:

MastaBlasta

Oct 31, 2011
Well I'm very glad I was able to stumble upon this forum. I own a tablet by an American distributor I am told it's pre-production by the person who gave it to me, so I don't think I should say the exact name. After googling the model number of it, "I600", I was able to find this forum.
Anyways to the point. My devices current build number is M.E16010101.FK15.V2.5, and I am unsure as to whether or not this is a newer firmware than the updates posted in this topic (i.e. M.EI60M0101.V1.4)
Thanks!

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
:mad:Oh no......looks like the waiting period on these new showchina tablets can rival the kinpad with a release date of mid to late December.....sound familiar? Just wanted to ask a question to those who purchased using aliexpress is it safe to tie up my money in escrow for 48days possibly longer? Showchina seems to be a respectable chinese electronic company, the sales lady told me shipment date was october 25th "before I paid" Then after waiting a couple of weeks she told me the company changed the shipment date until December due to tablet technical issues.

AliExpress held my money for a couple of weeks. I think between them and ShowChina you should be OK.

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
My device is M.E16010101.FK17.V2.7. It use android 2.2.1 but new firmware use 2.3.3. Now i update firmware M.EI60M0101.V1.4

I just loaded this yesterday and is again much faster, no crashes and MKV files work natively (no need for Mobo Player app); still can't get A-GPS to work though!

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
One thing that’s been bothering me ever since I started with Android is that you can type your required web address into your browser, eg linkedin for www.linkedin.com, but the pad takes you straight to the app, or the mobile page of the website.

Is there any way in which to override this?

OK I've sorted it by simply setting my browser (Dolphin) to Desktop (as opposed to tablet or Android - which is default)!

Last edited:

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
One thing that’s been bothering me ever since I started with Android is that you can type your required web address into your browser, eg linkedin for www.linkedin.com, but the pad takes you straight to the app, or the mobile page of the website.

Is there any way in which to override this?

OK I've sorted it by simply setting my browser (Dolphin) to Desktop (as opposed to tablet or Android - which is default)!

Use Opera full browser its better than dolphin ........faster too

eprom101's market work around: rooted only

root i600, install titanium backup, navigate titanium backup and freeze market updater, then uninstall market updates. Now you can install all market apps.:)

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
I will not ever buy from alibaba.com, aliexpress or showchina again. I waited 3 months on false promises to ship my new tablet after chatting with show china over 20 times they refused to ship the tablet then issued a refund. HUGE HASSLE !

Last edited:

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
I will not ever buy from alibaba.com, aliexpress or showchina again. I waited 3 months on false promises to ship my new tablet after chatting with show china over 20 times they refused to ship the tablet then issued a refund. HUGE HASSLE !

When I placed my order a year ago I have to say that I was very dubious not to mention nervous and was very pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't buy another one though, especially as you can get what look to be very good 7" tablets with capacitive screens and HDMI for around $100!

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Use Opera full browser its better than dolphin ........faster too

eprom101's market work around: rooted only

root i600, install titanium backup, navigate titanium backup and freeze market updater, then uninstall market updates. Now you can install all market apps.:)

I've had a quick look at rooting the i600 but can't find anything that appears to be reliable. What did you do?

Thanks,

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
I've had a quick look at rooting the i600 but can't find anything that appears to be reliable. What did you do?

OK bit the bullet and used GingerBreak which appears to have worked fine.

Thanks very much

Orson

Feb 23, 2011

I've gone thru all this and Market is showing apps but none of the ones that I want (BBC iPlayer, Netflix etc)?

MastaBlasta

Oct 31, 2011
For those who have updated to 2.3.3 Gingerbread, and had problems with the market saying nearly everything wasn't compatible, I have the solution. You'll need a few things:
1. Root access, I use SuperOneClick. Google directions for this. Though it may say that you "appear to already be rooted", this is only a partial root, and thus, not sufficient, so go ahead and let SuperOneClick root you
2. Download "File Expert". Market let me download this, but if yours doesn't work, get it by googling "File Expert.apk"
3. Next, go to this link, and follow this guy's detailed instructions: Nook Color: Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Item [Root Error]4. If the text editor wont let you save the file, download another one. I used the one built in with "ES File Explorer"

Your screen will be at a higher resolution after this, which may bother some people, but it works. You may change the pixel density to a supported, lower resolution pixel density (I believe 240 works) if you so desire.