Galaxy Note 10.1 4.1 update soon, even more awesome

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
This is from Engadget

"Samsung has already begun delivery of Android 4.1 for the Galaxy Note 10.1 in some parts of the world, but in a move that'll no doubt add to the anticipation, the company has now revealed Premium Suite as an accompaniment to the OS upgrade. Along with Jelly Bean, users can expect greater Multi Window functionality, which brings the ability to open up to 16 apps at a time, each which can be moved, resized and pinned to remain on top. Samsung's Air View is also incorporated within Premium Suite, which allows users to preview appointments, emails, video and the like by hovering the S Pen above the screen. Not to stop there, Samsung is also upping the ante with new additions such as Easy Clip, Quick Command, Photo Note, Paper Artist and an enhanced S Note app. No definitive timeline is known for Samsung's rollout of Premium Suite and Android 4.1, although it's now clear that "soon" can't come quickly enough. In the meantime, be sure to hop the break to preview all the new features that are on deck."

This will further differentiate the Note 10.1 from the rest of the tablet pack and shows just how useful, and powerful, Android can be.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Thanks Spider! This really is going to be amazing.

Uzumlubay

Oct 13, 2012
Everyone is waiting for this to be released in their region/country.

Just wondering if you set up a VPN connection to Germany (so that it looks like you are there) would you then be able to download this update.

My Note 10 should arrive at the end of next week and if by then the update not available here I will try it. This will be my first Android machine and I do not want to learn ICS and then within a short period of time Jelly Bean + the other upgrades.

AuntieParticle

Sep 20, 2012
I'm so excited about all the new additions coming with jelly bean. Waiting with abated breath for the OTA update. Has anyone received it yet?

Hmm, I don't see GT-N8013 on the list you linked to, Tom. Will the WiFi only ones be coming along soon?

Auntie
sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
If it was coming tomorrow it wouldn't be soon enough ;-)
Those are the Roms released so far, I guess we have to use that most offensive word in the English language here 'patience' ... kind of sends a shiver down my spine just typing it.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I read it was just released in the Uk, so I suppose it would be easy to grab the update and install it. I'm in the U.S. and still waiting.