Galaxy tab 10.1 menu button missing

gbatts

Jan 21, 2012
Generally, the icon is a function of each application. Most applications place their menu icons either at the bottom of the screen or in the upper right hand corner as three horizontal slashes. I may not have understood your question completely but this is my attempt to help as best I can. I hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
With honeycomb the menu icon is in the system tray (is it called that in Android?) next to the back, home and previous application icon when it is available.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

rjs316

Jan 21, 2012
Thanks for the replies. My problem Is that the home page Itself does not seem to have the 3 bar menu Icon, but It is referred to in the manual !!

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
182cdcf2-db3c-1f9f.jpg
Stock Touch Wizard Launcher? My main home page has a "button/icon" for applications in top right of screen...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Stock Touch Wizard Launcher? My main home page has a "button/icon" for applications in top right of screen...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Yeah, he is actually looking for the menu Icon, which is application specific and not on the home screen, that Button is for the app drawer if its still called that in Honeycomb....sometimes its so confusing since I'm using multiple Android devices with various versions of the OS. I even have an old Archos 5IT that's frozen on 1.6 Donut.

Sent from a Gibson using Tapatalk - heavy metal edition

Last edited:

Stumped

Oct 2, 2012
I am also missing the menu button. You recommend using the Settings instead. How do I use Settings to do functions that require a menu button? For example I'm trying to copy PDF files from the DOwnload folder to another folder, also trying to add an icon to my home screen. Both seem to require use of the menu button according to documentation I find on the internet. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. There's also supposed to be a + button in the upper right corner of the home screen and that is also missing. Any help would be appreciated. I just bought this last week (9/2012).

Last edited: