General Questions about Switching ROMs

RumbleKittie

Jun 1, 2011
I recently switched from Vegan-Tab GE to CM 7.0.3 on my gTablet, and now the tablet seems to be running quite a bit slower when I open apps or awaken it from sleep. I feel this is due to user ignorance rather than an inherent difference in the ROMs, since I run CM7 on my rooted Nook Colour and it runs snappy and smoothly on this other device.

Do you have any advice on what I should do to deal with the speed issue? Should I try to restore to factory conditions and reflash the ROM?

There are two ways I feel I might have erred:

1) When switching ROMs, I wiped the cache and everything but didn't reset to factory conditions first.

2) When using Titanium Backup to restore apps, I had it restore system settings/data as well as apps. Perhaps I should've stuck with just restoring the apps? If I just backup/restore the apps, will it save my data in those individual apps?

--------------------------------------------------

In kind of an unrelated note, the reason for the switch was that I couldn't get Netflix to work on Vegan-Tab GE. Netflix is kind of a dealbreaker for me. I'd love to switch to a Honeycomb ROM, but I don't know that Netflix or Hulu Plus would run on any of them. Is there a Honeycomb ROM out there that'll run Netflix or Hulu Plus?

Thanks in advance!!!

easwaim

May 22, 2011
i always do a cashe whipe and factory data reset at least twice, for the back up i wouldbjust have done a app and data back up try that see if it helps..