help! formated sd card after vegan rom

delukard

Mar 20, 2011
Hi! i need some help with this.
I installed vegan and used it for 1 week.
I have installed some apps, and was running out of space.
i inserted a 1gb sd card and chose to format But , it formated my sdcard(internal)
and lost my backup(original rom) and some files also.(vegan rom)

Is clockwork removed by this?

i assume i can turn off the tablet correct? or is this a MAC and it can delete system files while the os is running?

what procedure can i do in order to backup my tablet(vegan rom) or what advice can you give me in roder to feel a little safe in case i need to restore the tab

i dont care about apps!
And why is the internal storage named SD CARD

thanks for your time

Detonation

Mar 19, 2011
Clockwork should still be intact. In order to get back up and running, you will need to boot into recovery by holding Power and Volume +. Once in clockwork, go to Mounts > Mount USB and connect your Gtab to your computer. You will be able to write to the internal storage from your computer, so you can put the zip for Vegan or any other ROM in the root, and then just flash it like normal.

Here's some info on the GTab's storage: Memory and Stock Recovery Info - xda-developers

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Hi! i need some help with this.
I installed vegan and used it for 1 week.
I have installed some apps, and was running out of space.
i inserted a 1gb sd card and chose to format But , it formated my sdcard(internal)
and lost my backup(original rom) and some files also.(vegan rom)

Is clockwork removed by this?

i assume i can turn off the tablet correct? or is this a MAC and it can delete system files while the os is running?

what procedure can i do in order to backup my tablet(vegan rom) or what advice can you give me in roder to feel a little safe in case i need to restore the tab

i dont care about apps!
And why is the internal storage named SD CARD

thanks for your time

If you follow the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...rkmod-custom-rom-flash-player-market-fix.html in the Viewsonic gTablet Technical section, it walks you through how to properly install a ROM. I also suggest, per the HowTo, to create ROMs folder so you can organize your files better. I don't put ANYTHIGN in the root directory.

After you successfully flash your ROM and confirm that it works. Boot back into CWM and do a Backup. Just incase something gets hosed up in the future.

rstaples

May 25, 2011
Ok what does it mean if once you connected you USB, it tells you that you unknown file systems, and asks you to format it
w+jo0AxRti2wAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
$format.png

Last edited:

rstaples

May 25, 2011
Ok I got pass the format. It appears I blew away the whole android OS - all I have is clock work installed. (thankfully) Question now is how the heck do I get a replacement