Gentouch "E" inside of arrow box stamped on the screen

Corvus13

Aug 15, 2010
Hey everyone,

My newly purchased Gentouch has a red "E" inside of an arrow box in the top right of the screen. It appears to be layered in the glass above the TFT. Anyone know what this is and if its possible to get rid of it?

Thanks

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
that is E is still a celluar feature in mobile phones that Augen didnt even both to disable all cell phone stuff on the tablet

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Remember that Android OS is still cell/smart phone OS. There going to be a lot of stuff that might not been disabled.

marcelol

Aug 6, 2010
Download SlideMe app stored applications and install it...download any application loader from SlideMe , then look for

adb push slideme.apk ( I think that's what it's called ) /sdcard

then go to EsFileExplorer, and install it by double-tapping the apk. Then sign on to SlideMe through the app once it's installed and search for "Quick Settings".

Download and install that app from SlideMe, and once you run it, look for "Airplane Mode". Press that button, and that's it.

From that point thereafter, the wireless GSM radio emulator will be disabled, and should stop seeking signal it'll never find. This increases battery life, as well as give a slight performance boost because you've got one less app that's actively performing a task in the background.

Enjoy.

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
Download SlideMe app stored applications and install it...download any application loader from SlideMe , then look for

adb push slideme.apk ( I think that's what it's called ) /sdcard

then go to EsFileExplorer, and install it by double-tapping the apk. Then sign on to SlideMe through the app once it's installed and search for "Quick Settings".

Download and install that app from SlideMe, and once you run it, look for "Airplane Mode". Press that button, and that's it.

From that point thereafter, the wireless GSM radio emulator will be disabled, and should stop seeking signal it'll never find. This increases battery life, as well as give a slight performance boost because you've got one less app that's actively performing a task in the background.

Enjoy.

Does "Airplane Mode" will also disable WiFi as well ??

marcelol

Aug 6, 2010
QuickSettings has a BUNCH of settings that it can control. One of them is WiFi. I suggest you take out the Stylus, and scroll down until you see WiFi.

If it's not in the "upper" list ( i.e. the list of settings it will always show ), then click what looks like three horizontal bars on the right side of the WiFi Setting, and drag it ( while holding the stylus to the display ) up until it is within the list that's always shown, and then let go of the stylus.

Now, whenever you bring up QuickSettings, you can use it to toggle WiFi from there. If you LONG press the WiFi, I think it will throw you over to Settings itself, to let you manipulate your WiFi access points, etc. directly. But by a simple press, it's easy to toggle your WiFi.

joesc

Aug 9, 2010
I'm not sure everyone understands this. Here's a screenshot of what I see. For some reason Dropcap2 didn't pull the red arrow and E image off the screen, so I added with paint. But this is approximately what I see. Does everyone have this?

$CAP2010082603091.jpg

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
i'm not sure everyone understands this. Here's a screenshot of what i see. For some reason dropcap2 didn't pull the red arrow and e image off the screen, so i added with paint. But this is approximately what i see. Does everyone have this?

View attachment 95

is it an app shortcut?... Can you move it?..

If not i'd say it's probably a piece of tape or something similar on the lcd that was missed during assembly... Does your k-mart have any more in stock?... I believe i'd exchange it.. If not and you feel froggy there's already a vid on youtube on the dismantle/breakdown of this tablet...it'd be just a matter of peeling it off the lcd.. You can clean all the fingerprints from handling with a cotton ball and a light dap of rubbuing alcohol.. If of course it is a piece of tape..

braveit1

Jul 29, 2010
I agree with Swould333. If dropcap2 didn't capture it and it looks like a silkscreen it could be a piece of tap used to protect the lcd before assembly. Some much for QC. I have had to replace may iPhone screens and the touch screen usually arrives with a protective sheet on both sides. Some of them actually come with two sheets on the inside, one slightly larger than the other. Sometimes they are so well placed that you can't tell they are supose to be removed before you install them.

joesc

Aug 9, 2010
I'm thinking it might be bad pixels. If there are other colors besides white or light colors, you can't see it. If it was a piece of tape, I would think it would block everything. Well, back to Kmart it goes. Hopefully they have more in stock.