Gmail started crahsing

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
well something strange happened this week - it started off with gmail occasionally crashing to home whenever i refresh/synch it -ignored it, the yesterday i ran titanium backup and wiped data for the gmail app, gmail seemed to work, no crashing. then today when i tried to refresh, nada it just went back to home. wiping data from Titanium backup did not seem to work.

so i tried to reinstall the gmail app - kept getting a cannot parse error, tried to install it via root explorer, same thing happened then finally tried adb - again same result. But now my gmail app is missing - no icons although the file is still in the system/app directory.

so i decided to restore backup of which i was sure i had a least 3 restore points in my SD card via CWR but lo an behold they are no longer there - i checked with file explorer in he directory and all i can see are a bunch of what appears to be other file fragments

Any ideas?

luckily the email app that came with NC still works, just that i lost gmail

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Yep a bad sd too bad it was my class 6 one... bought a new one n made a new backup

Any ideas on getting gmail back?

I have k9 now and it is better than gmail but i somehow feel better if it was restored