Google account changes

Terabyt3Bob

Jan 23, 2011
I suppose this concern involves a lot more devices than the Nook, but since I have a Nook (and love that said Nook :) ) this is where I placed the thread.

I wanted to change the account registered with my Nook, but I gather from snippets of searching that there aren't many solid options but to reset the device. Is this true with most Android devices, or more true with some and not others?

With all the talented customization going on, it would seem nice to be able to do this without throwing the baby out with the bath, so to say, if this is the case.

Bob

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It is not an easy thing to do, but it can be done.

If you need your device to NOT access your Google Account the fastest way to do this is to change your Google Password. From there, then based on other devices you will need to do a reset on your Nook.

Terabyt3Bob

Jan 23, 2011
That's sort of what started the process, I had changed the p/w on my acct, realizing later that it affected some of the Nook's access. That then made me realize how tied I am to that account now, and if I ever want to change it, will have to re-root, which is ok, but when you get everything on the Nook the way you like it, just seems a shame to have to do it all over again.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
If you change the account associated with your device you will probably lose apps you may have bought through the market with that account. You will have to factory restore your device and sign in with your new google account when you re-root. I dont think there is anyway but to start all over again from stock.

Or when we get custom Roms, you are required usually to wipe cache and data anyways. So you could have a new account ready for when custom Roms come out.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
That's sort of what started the process, I had changed the p/w on my acct, realizing later that it affected some of the Nook's access. That then made me realize how tied I am to that account now, and if I ever want to change it, will have to re-root, which is ok, but when you get everything on the Nook the way you like it, just seems a shame to have to do it all over again.

If you are going to go ahead and re-root, dont forget that you have to factory restore your device beforehand or you will have 2 systems mashed together.