Google Calendar Sync

vico512

Mar 2, 2011
Thanks ... that did the trick and work like a charm. In fact, it showed me my 4 calendar option features to sync whereas the built-in calendar only showed 3 of them. :cool:

Thanks for the update, cvhovey -- I'll give it a shot when I get to a wifi hotspot.

(Note to self: Root my Droid so I can tether the Nook...!)

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
^ Hope Business Calendar Beta (free) works for you...thanks to Darmeen for that find. And by all means, root that Droid. My NC tethers to my Droid X just fine via wireless tether for root users, when I'm not near wifi.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Now you can create a widget with Business Calendar, but I like the look of Smooth Calendar for my calendar widget

Business Calendar Beta show how many days away an event is (like birthdays)

where Smooth Calendar just displays the date of the birthday

Here is a side by side:
11-03-09-1.png

Business Calendar allows you to display more events, but Smooth Calendar allows great visual modifications

cvhovey

Mar 5, 2011
Now you can create a widget with Business Calendar, but I like the look of Smooth Calendar for my calendar widget...

Excellent combination ... Business Calendar with Smooth Calendar's widget ... and love it!

Lazarus

Mar 4, 2011
Hey guys there is actually a good fix for this that hasnt gotten much attention. Can't remember where I saw it. If you go into Gmail, choose accounts and then add the exact same account you currently have (I know it seems counterintuitve) then you get a screen where you can select both mail and calendar sync. Seems counterintuitive but works like a charm. My NC has had no problem syncing since doing this fix as has others. Let me know if this works for you- doesn't require other apps or requirements.

vico512

Mar 2, 2011
Hey guys there is actually a good fix for this that hasnt gotten much attention. Can't remember where I saw it. If you go into Gmail, choose accounts and then add the exact same account you currently have (I know it seems counterintuitve) then you get a screen where you can select both mail and calendar sync. Seems counterintuitive but works like a charm. My NC has had no problem syncing since doing this fix as has others. Let me know if this works for you- doesn't require other apps or requirements.

Lazarus -- Great post! I was hoping to be able to stay with same calendar that I use on my Droid phone, and office computer. The Google Calendar, as well as the Gmail App, work with the database that resides in the Google cloud, I believe, and I can manipulate it from any computer, my phone & now the NC. Not sure if the others that were suggested do that or not.

So, that tip worked perfect for me. Thanks!

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
vic, just to ease your mind, they do. They all sync with whatever account you have attached to them, its was about visual appeal for me. I didn't like the way the default calendar looked, so I found a calendar that looked better. They all have the same functions...well except I don't have to have my gmail account attached twice... :)

Lazarus

Mar 4, 2011
Just to clarify, when adding the Gmail account twice it doesn't actually add two accounts, it'll just allow you to turn on calendar sync for the device. After that is done, any calendar app should work since they use the same protocols to pull down the data.

OldDogEyes

Mar 4, 2011

That is a great work-around! Thanks!

vico512

Mar 2, 2011
vic, just to ease your mind, they do. They all sync with whatever account you have attached to them, its was about visual appeal for me. I didn't like the way the default calendar looked, so I found a calendar that looked better. They all have the same functions...well except I don't have to have my gmail account attached twice... :)

Yeah, yeah... :)

Well, this way, I see the same interface on both my office & home computers, my Droid, and now the Nook. I get confused easily......!

jrpmom1010

Aug 16, 2011
I'm having the same issue...I rooted my NC and am attempting to sync my calendar (gmail) with ANY calendar app, but it won't let me. I found somewhere to try just adding the same account in your email app, but it wouldn't let me do that...says I already have that account...

I'm stumped...also a newbie and not too good with techie terms, but I can't seem to get this to work. I have a NC (blue dot, if that matters) with FRG83G.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: let me also add that I installed Jorte and Business Calendar and it doesn't give me an option of any calendar, just gives me an error that no calendar is chosen, but I can't add one anywhere.

Last edited: