Google Play Store Not Working

lbaker2656

Jul 14, 2013
Hi
When I click the play store icon nothing happens. I then get a message saying "unfortunately google play store has stopped". I've looked up and tried several tips and none of them have worked. I cleared the cache/data.Tried uninstalling updates (think that made it worse)! Download/download manager are both enabled. I've removed and readded my google account. I dont have the option of unistalling and reinstalling. I dont want to do a factory reset as i will lose my game data. Does anyone else have any ideas I could try?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Unfortunately you have tried what I would have suggested, especially removing then adding the account. Did you do a restart between the removal and adding it back?

lbaker2656

Jul 14, 2013
I did yes. I did it again just to double check and still nothing. It now says "server error", but play works fine on my laptop so I know there isnt a problem there.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Try using your computer to log into the Store the find Clean Master and ask the Store to install it.

It sounds like you are heading for a reset if that doesn't work.

lbaker2656

Jul 14, 2013
I did that and it says it will be available soon and then nothing happens. Maybe I just need to wait a bit!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Do you know you have a good WiFi connection? You may want to try connecting at a public hotspot to see if you get the same results.

Tel864

Aug 17, 2014
My LG Escape phone started doing the same thing recently when Play Store updated to version 4.9.13. You can do what I did to check if that is your problem by going into your settings and uninstalling Google Play updates. If that works it will be very temporary because it will update again in a few minutes. I tried everything including rolling back my phone to factory defaults. My Galaxy Tablet doesn't have this problem and neither does my wife's Huawei phone or my daughter's Samsung phone. Oddly enough, I know of two other people with different model LG phones that have the same problem. LG says it's not their problem, contact Google. I refuse to even try that because the last time I tried a chat with Google, my blood pressure spiked, I got a pounding headache, and I got the urge to choke someone. :) I'm using an app called Apps Updater for now, hoping they'll eventually update it again.