Google Voice for Honeycomb

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
All Hail Sangrael06 from xda-developers! Sangreal has released a hacked version of Google Voice that I can confirm works on Honeycomb on the G-Tablet. If you have a previous version installed, remove it and download the attached file, unzip it and install it just like any other application.

ALL THANKS GO TO HIM!

Attachments

• $gv_4.2.13_proper.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,899
Oct 18, 2010
I can't get past the "Set up voicemail" page. It says "Accessing voicemail setings..." and never continues. This is on an Acer A500.

fachex

Nov 10, 2010
works great! Thanks a lot! Also you should definitely give it a try to Groove IP, I was able to make phone calls, no problems!

lithium1330

Apr 23, 2011
I config it to one of my phones numbers in GV. Now, I can send text from the tablet, but not do calls. Anyone has voice/calls working? Thanks!

Last edited:

bryangrant4

Nov 15, 2011
I am new to the Andriod Tablet. So far I am less than thrilled.
Google Voice appdoesnt allow calling. I found your hack, and I assumed it enable it.
Does your app hack enable the calling features? If so, it does not work on Motorola Xoom on verizon 4g.
Could you clarify whether this "should" have enabled calling from Google Voice?
If not, what did the hacks actually achieve to distinguish itself from the Original app?

Thanks
[email protected]

All Hail Sangrael06 from xda-developers! Sangreal has released a hacked version of Google Voice that I can confirm works on Honeycomb on the G-Tablet. If you have a previous version installed, remove it and download the attached file, unzip it and install it just like any other application.

ALL THANKS GO TO HIM!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
This works for adding text via Google Voice numbers. You need to look at something like Skype or Groove.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I am new to the Andriod Tablet. So far I am less than thrilled.
Google Voice appdoesnt allow calling. I found your hack, and I assumed it enable it.
Does your app hack enable the calling features? If so, it does not work on Motorola Xoom on verizon 4g.
Could you clarify whether this "should" have enabled calling from Google Voice?
If not, what did the hacks actually achieve to distinguish itself from the Original app?

Thanks
[email protected]

Just use grooveip with Google voice e

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

king_aria

Dec 21, 2011
I use groove IP from outside us and make a successful call to us.
It helps me save ton of money though

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum