Got Netflix working on A500?! I do! XD

Killjoy

Oct 5, 2011
Hi, I am super new here. I am on 3.2 and I downloaded the zip file but I dont know how to open it. Any suggestions or instructions would be really appreciated. Thanks!

codysolders

Oct 5, 2011
Installed it on my unrooted Acer A500- works perfect, and no camera issues. Thanks a ton- this makes my tablet worth the money!

laguss4

Oct 4, 2011
Help! I've downloaded the 1.4.1 file to my laptop from the file on the first post of this thread. I also downloaded the file manager on my A500 as mentioned in the first post...now what? I'm not able to unzip the folder on my laptop so I put the whole folder on my sd card and tried to find it on the Astro file manager, but no luck. Am I supposed to be putting the folder from my laptop in a specific folder on my sd card? I just copied it on the card as an additional folder...is that right? Help please, I wanna see Netflix work on my A500 too. :-( (sn: I did get the 3.2 upgrade and installed it yesterday morning).

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
laguss4, i simply put the Netflix_v1.4.1.apk on my external sd card and found it with Astro and clicked it then it installed.

bkhalifeh

Oct 6, 2011
Ok, so I downloaded both versions you have in the first post, the regular 1.4.1 and the Rotation version. When I try to extract them on my laptop, I get an error message that states its invalid or corrupted. Please help.....

cmd6223

Oct 8, 2011
i rooted to use netflix now i want to unroot can anyone tell me how to do it in "dummy terms"

HD87

May 14, 2011
How did you root? What version of Android are you on? If you used Gingerbreak or Iconia root, both have an unroot button inside the app.

laguss4

Oct 4, 2011
Yay, finally got it to work on my A500!!! The problem I had before is once I downloaded the file to my PC, I was just copying the whole folder to my SD card which did not let me download once I put the SD card back in my tablet. I finally realized today that I had to open the folder on my PC and copy the file INSIDE the folder on to my SD card. Once I did that then put the SD card in my tablet, I was able to find the file in the file manager under external SD card and downloaded it. Thanks, it works great!!!! FINALLY!! :)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum