Got Netflix working on A500?! I do! XD

ajoh30871

Oct 11, 2011
omg, i finally have netflix working on my Acer A500!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for posting the file and instructions. you made the install seamless!! Thank You Again for all that you do!!

dee123

Oct 15, 2011
Ok, so I downloaded both versions you have in the first post, the regular 1.4.1 and the Rotation version. When I try to extract them on my laptop, I get an error message that states its invalid or corrupted. Please help.....

are you using XP and IE? i was and got same message. Switched browser to Firefox and it worked. just follow the intrctions in the first post and it works perfectly.

A big thanks to whover created this - genius!!!!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
as of this afternoon, the official Netflix app supports all honeycomb. tested on 3.1

Yup: Netflix updated to officially support Honeycomb tablets | Android Central

http://blog.netflix.com/2011/10/expanded-android-support-now-available.html

quote from above:

Today, Netflix launched a new application in the Android Market to support Android 3.x (Honeycomb) tablets. This new app also extends Android support to Canada and Latin America for the first time. Now Netflix members in US, Canada and Latin America can enjoy Netflix on both their Android smartphones and tablets.

Now can we unsticky this thread and let it die?

thefez

Sep 17, 2011
Fired up my DROIDX this morning and it had a NetFlix update. I looked at the 'Whats New' section and it indicated 'Support for Android 3.x' so I fired up my Acer A500 and sure enough Netflix was available in the market. So it is now officially released for the Acer A500/Android 3.x devices.

angel200

Oct 24, 2011
Fired up my DROIDX this morning and it had a NetFlix update. I looked at the 'Whats New' section and it indicated 'Support for Android 3.x' so I fired up my Acer A500 and sure enough Netflix was available in the market. So it is now officially released for the Acer A500/Android 3.x devices.

Yep, the NetFlix App has Supported Android 2.2, 2.3, and 3.x in the USA, Canada, and Latin America.

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
Good to know as I'm probably going to be doing some of this once I get mine.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Have you all had Netflix before? How is it and how much does it cost?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
Streaming is great, at least on my Atrix as I don't have my tab yet. It will run you $7.99 a month I believe for unlimited service. So far I stream it on 5 devices at least with no issues.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Jbenham, I never had Netflix before,I just installed it on my nook and it is 7 something a month and it' s great,I love it. I rooted my nook though, I got cm7 on it......I don't think you can install it on your Sony.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
It is always on the Amazon Apps list so I might see if it downloads. Do you need a wi-fi connection to watch them?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
It downloaded fine to the Sony S but I haven't signed up yet.

dancingstylus

Apr 27, 2012
I like the fact that netflix is now available on the Acer A500 however I have heard negative feedback regarding netflix. Just wanted to get someones opinion who has netflix. I have heard that netflix has old movies and even thou the price is good the movie selection is very weak if your looking for the newer movies? Is this true?