Greetings to all fellow Android users!

webhawk50

Dec 10, 2011
Hello to all of you in Android land. I recently purchased my first tablet, a Samsung Galaxy 10.1. My original intent was to buy an iPad2, but after talking with a salesperson about my needs, it became apparent that the iPad was simply too limiting and too restrictive. I am in sales and travel a great deal every day. I have been using a netbook for several years, but had become more and more frustrated with it because of the horrendous amount of time it takes for it just to boot up as well as the general slowness of most of it's operations. The promise of the "Instant on" aspect of tablets is what drew me to them. I was looking for something that was powerful, fast and highly portable. My sales stops tend to be relatively brief, so speed and efficiency are the name of the game in my business.

Quite frankly, the jury is still out on this device; I am still learning how to tame this beasti in order to get the most out of it. While I have installed a few games, my primary needs are business oriented and require some pretty heavy-duty tools, the most important one being a good spreadsheet program. One of my reasons for joining this forum and this site is to get answers to some of the more vexing problems I've encountered using this Android tablet as well as keeping abreast of all things Android, such as tablet and software updates as well as any other newer tablets and devices that might make my sales world a little easier.

I look forward to seeing what this site has to offer.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Webhawk, congratulations on the new tablet and welcome to Android Tablets. Nice to have you here with us as a member of the forum. Whenever you need any help or information for your tablet, just click this link to the Samsung Galaxy Tab section.

webhawk50

Dec 10, 2011
Thanks so much, Pamster. Glad to be here.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Android Tablet Forum

webhawk50

Dec 10, 2011
Thanks, Spider. I look forward to seeing what I can learn here.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Android Tablet Forum