Haipad M701-R Barcode/Camera Reverse Image

S87

Oct 10, 2010
The M701-R camera takes photos in mirror image.

Subsequently the Barcode Scanner app doesn't work.

Is there a way to make the camera shoot normal photos?

Anyone get a barcode app working?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
The mirror image is an Android issue, apparently, and not specific to this device. There is no fix.
Even mirroring the barcode image, so the mirrored camera sees it correctly, it still won't read it. I'm guessing it's either a resolution issue (the camera is only 1.3 MP, no idea what the low-res limit is for barcode scanning) or there simply isn't enough contrast for the software to detect the barcode is there.

S87

Oct 10, 2010
The mirror image is an Android issue, apparently, and not specific to this device. There is no fix.
Even mirroring the barcode image, so the mirrored camera sees it correctly, it still won't read it. I'm guessing it's either a resolution issue (the camera is only 1.3 MP, no idea what the low-res limit is for barcode scanning) or there simply isn't enough contrast for the software to detect the barcode is there.

A 7-inch tablet isn't really ideal for barcode scanning, nor have I ever found the desire to scan a bar code, so it's no great loss.

cityguru

Jan 20, 2011
Just saw this thread, its not the reverse image issue, barcode scanner has an option for Reverse Image and even when u select it, it still doesnt work.