Haipad M701-R +HDMI +Remote

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I would really like to have flash 10.1 for watching things like Hulu.

Hulu is currently detecting mobile devices and blocking them even if they technically are capable of playing the videos. You'd need to also spoof your browser's user agent string to trick Hulu into thinking you're using a desktop computer (some third-party browsers for Android have an easy setting for this, or so I've heard, but not the Chrome browser that comes with Android).

jonkheer

Oct 25, 2010
Did you already test component/rgb video output on this device? I'd like to buy one for my TV, but the thing only has 3 rgb plugs..

S87

Oct 10, 2010
Barcode Scanning?

Has anyone been able to scan a barcode/QR code with one of these? I've tried four different barcode reader apps and none of them have worked.

First of all it's tricky because it's a front-facing camera, and it takes mirrored pictures which I'm not certain makes any difference (I've found conflicting information about that, since apparently some scanners can compensate if they detect the registration squares are in the wrong positions - like if you were scanning the QR code upside down, but that would only rotate it not sure about flipping it). Even if they are mirrored, I downloaded a couple QR codes, flipped the images in graphics software and then tried to scan them off my 27" flat panel monitor and they still didn't register with any of the scanning apps. I've also noticed that the camera takes over-exposed washed-out pictures, so maybe there just isn't enough contrast for the app to "see" that there is a code there?

Anyway, as of right now, I'd have to say QR/Barcode scanning also doesn't work on this device. :(

I was going to post this too. No luck getting a barcode scan here, not that I had any thoughts of using that feature when I ordered mine.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
@jonkheer

No, I haven't. My TV has an HDMI port and the tablet comes with an HDMI cable. There is a "Component" option available in the video output settings, but no idea if that means "component over HDMI" or if it would be looking for a "component out" port. However, I'd think if you set it to HDMI and then bought an "HDMI to RGB" adapter you'd be able to output any unencrypted video to a component device.

Juggernaut

Aug 22, 2010
Do you need a sd card to be in the slot? On the road I want to read on it, use apps and do some surfing. Can those apps and files be on the internal memory of the device?
At home i'de like to play movies on whichever HD TV I plug my cable in so I dont mind the SD card being in and sticking out half to store them on, travelling with it is a problem, hence the question :p

jonkheer

Oct 25, 2010
@jonkheer

No, I haven't. My TV has an HDMI port and the tablet comes with an HDMI cable. There is a "Component" option available in the video output settings, but no idea if that means "component over HDMI" or if it would be looking for a "component out" port. However, I'd think if you set it to HDMI and then bought an "HDMI to RGB" adapter you'd be able to output any unencrypted video to a component device.

Thanks for the advice. I already searched for that sort of cable, but people say that HDMI to RGB doenst work with only a cable, i had to buy a converter box instead which costs 100$.. or am i wrong?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Um, yeah, that's why I said "adapter" instead of "cable." There is no such thing as an "HDMI to Component" cable (even though some scammers are selling them online) because HDMI is a digital signal carrying both audio and video and Component is analog so you'd absolutely have to have a converter box. $100 isn't a bad price for one, though.

Now that I think about it a little more, that "Component" output option in the settings has to be for a different tablet with some kind of analog connector - there's no way you'd ever be able to send component signals out through an HDMI port! 0_o Brain no work, need more coffee.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Do you need a sd card to be in the slot? On the road I want to read on it, use apps and do some surfing. Can those apps and files be on the internal memory of the device?

No, the MicroSD card does not have to be in the slot. I've only ever had a couple of apps complain (which happens if they were coded to save something exclusively to a card). It has 2 GB of internal storage so you can put quite a few files there, but huge files like HD video definitely should be on the card instead.

When you mount the tablet as a USB drive to your desktop computer it mounts the "/nand" folder on the tablet's internal storage. When you disconnect and are on the go you'll need to use a file explorer to navigate to the /nand folder in order to access whatever files you put there.

As I noted, some apps will ONLY look to the removable card which means those apps won't be able to find files stored in /nand. That's why navigating to them with the file explorer works better because when you click on the file you can get options for what app you'd like to use to open it.

jonkheer

Oct 25, 2010
Um, yeah, that's why I said "adapter" instead of "cable." There is no such thing as an "HDMI to Component" cable (even though some scammers are selling them online) because HDMI is a digital signal carrying both audio and video and Component is analog so you'd absolutely have to have a converter box. $100 isn't a bad price for one, though.

Now that I think about it a little more, that "Component" output option in the settings has to be for a different tablet with some kind of analog connector - there's no way you'd ever be able to send component signals out through an HDMI port! 0_o Brain no work, need more coffee.

Ah so, i misread the 'adapter' part i think..:) I was wondering/hoping that the component output option goes via the 3,5mm jack, like on the SmartQ's..?

ServerKing

Oct 25, 2010
I am curiou about the GPS I know the option is there but how to you get it to work? I think you need an external GPS module for this too work noone on slatedroid forums have a clue and figured I would post here too because I would really love to get this GPS working.

Maybe a USB or bluetooth device needed?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I am curiou about the GPS I know the option is there but how to you get it to work? I think you need an external GPS module

It might support some external GPS module. I'm guessing it would have to be one for which it has drivers, but I've no clue what modules might work. The fact that it's enabled in the menus and seems to *think* it has a GPS, though, unfortunately doesn't mean anything. Look at the Augen Gentouch78 - it has a "phantom cell radio" with options in the settings, but the hardware isn't there and there actually is no support for that feature. You'd probably be better off contacting Haipad and asking them before you waste money on a GPS module that might never work.

S87

Oct 10, 2010
I am curiou about the GPS I know the option is there but how to you get it to work? I think you need an external GPS module for this too work noone on slatedroid forums have a clue and figured I would post here too because I would really love to get this GPS working.

Maybe a USB or bluetooth device needed?

I think the USB will do more than we think. I just plugged a Logitech USB laser mouse into mine and it works. A little triangle cursor appears on the screen.

ServerKing

Oct 25, 2010
Now can not use USB GPS。
No relevant drivers and mapping software

Official respond I got from Hapi themselves....