Haipad M701-R +HDMI +Remote

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Yes, I saw that firmware update show up late yesterday evening, but it says it's for the M701 (not M701-R) and it initially said the "finishing date" was 9/30/2010 (changed now) and the previous 9/30 firmware update is now gone from the available downloads. I'm guessing it is just a bug-fix to the 9/30 firmware for the M701 - which was a firmware Haipad specifically told me was NOT for the M701-R or I'd lose the remote control capability. Looking at the other thread on this topic it appears it removes dual-touch capability (no thanks!).

Other than the tons of temp files being written to my SD card, the #121 firmware works perfectly on my tablet. I'll wait for an official 2.2 and/or a release that specifically says "M701-R" on it.

@fisherman - here is a link to the #121 factory firmware for the M701-R. There are instructions with it.

Last edited:

fisherman

Nov 8, 2010
Thanks for clarifying, I'm going to try the firmware #121 to see if that work for the HDMI. I'm looking for instruction to root this device can you point to the right direction? Thanks.

Yes, I saw that firmware update show up late yesterday evening, but it says it's for the M701 (not M701-R) and it initially said the "finishing date" was 9/30/2010 (changed now) and the previous 9/30 firmware update is now gone from the available downloads. I'm guessing it is just a bug-fix to the 9/30 firmware for the M701 - which was a firmware Haipad specifically told me was NOT for the M701-R or I'd lose the remote control capability. Looking at the other thread on this topic it appears it removes dual-touch capability (no thanks!).

Other than the tons of temp files being written to my SD card, the #121 firmware works perfectly on my tablet. I'll wait for an official 2.2 and/or a release that specifically says "M701-R" on it.

@fisherman - here is a link to the #121 factory firmware for the M701-R. There are instructions with it.

tiger_duck08

Nov 24, 2010
I have a software problem with my haipad: I just installed Opera Mobile on my M701-R. After installation I can sart the browser but the requested web pages are not diplaed properly. The fonts are messed up that reading is not possible.

Can somebody else please install Opera Moblie and report if there is the same behaviour?

Has anybody a clou why this happend? Is there a workaround for that behaviour?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I've been using Opera Mini (not Mobile) on mine pretty much since the day I got it. Works fine.

What do you mean the fonts aren't displaying properly? Are they garbled or is it using fonts from another language?

Last edited:

tiger_duck08

Nov 24, 2010
I know that Opera Mini works fine. But with Opera Mobile I see only "hieroglyphics" on an English website.

Can you please install Opera Mobile on your device and check it with an Englsh website?!?

Thanxx

tiger_duck08

Nov 24, 2010
I habe another issue with a pre-installed app named "com.eoeandroid.market". It alwas crashes during strat up. Is there somebody else with the same problem? Has anybody an idea how to fix this, or how to uninstall this app from my M701-r????

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Installed Opera Mobile and it displays text fine for me. However, it is significantly slower loading pages than Opera Mini.

As for the EOE Market app, mine never crashed on me but I really have no use for it so I wanted to uninstall it. I couldn't seem to uninstall it on the tablet (which was the same situation I had with the preinstalled Google Maps that wasn't allowing it to update). So I did it via adb with the following commands in a Mac terminal:

./adb remount busybox
./adb shell
rm /system/app/eoemarket.apk
cd /system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.eoeandroid.market
sync
exit
./adb reboot

All gone now. ;)

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I was using Opera Mini but switched to Dolphin browser.
I like the gesture controls, plugin support, and how Dolphin retains multitouch functionality on my Haipad.

Sent from my Haipad M701-R using Android Tablet Forum App

sufehmi

Jan 2, 2011
Menu bar "Back" and "Menu" Buttons
It already has a "Home" button on the menu bar, but it really could use virtual versions of the other buttons as well!

Agree - it'd be very nice to have both "Back" and "Menu" buttons on the Status bar as well. It would help avoid wearing down the rocker button too soon.

I have another Android tablet, brand "Tabulet", with the following features :

(1) "Back" and "Menu" buttons on the Status bar

(2) Suspend menu : instead of showing just Airplane mode & Power off when we pressed the button, it has another choice - Suspend.

Would really love to have these feature on this Haipad M701 as well. Ideas ?

Thanks, HS

Feb 4, 2011
Hi Im new in here.
I have a question 4 you gys..

I have my haipad m701-r on this jan, but when I try to play Video (.AVI) it doesn't show the pict on screen, just the sound... how can i fix it?

thnks b4...