Haipad wifi help, PLEASE

Mr C

Sep 18, 2010
I am not a tech expert by any means, so I am seriously confused.

I purchased a Haipad MID 701. It all seems to work, EXCEPT it can not access the internet. It "sees" wireless networks and it tries to obtain IP addresses. But it always fails. The first time I tried it, it did connect with an open wireless network but then it stopped and hasn't worked since.

It seems from scanning the internet that I may be the only one with this problem. I thought a simple reboot might do it, but I can't figure out how to do that.

I read all the great stuff the Haipad can do and it's killing me I cannot connect.

Thanks for any suggestions.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I suggest you contact who you bought it from for suggestions as to what to do.

I am not sure if your device supports a factory reset setting somewhere. On most Android devices, you can usually access this in the Android 'Settings', under 'SD card & phone storage', and then 'Factory data reset.'

I'm not sure if it is a hardware or software issue. If it was just a software issue, you should be able to just reflash the firmware. Your device might be fixable via a firmware reflash, but first make sure that your supplier is supportive of this.

Mr C

Sep 18, 2010
I did manage a reset, but it didn't fix the inability to access a wireless network.

In the meantime, I notice that under the "available networks" tab, there are two choice: When I select "search networks" it starts to search, then stops. I get a message that says "error while searching for network" when I select "select automatically" I get a message that says " your SIM card does not allow connectioln to this network"

Does the device require an additional card? (There is a continual message that an SD card has been removed at the top lerft of the screen.)

Is there a way to connect to the internet via hardline?

I apologise if these are dumb questions, but I am new to this.

PS. How do I do a "reflash"?

Last edited: