Hangup & crash

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Since the 3.2 update, my tablet has been hinky.

When using apps (almost any) or the pre-installed folders (eReading, Social, etc), they are really slow when moving back and forth or existing. I get a black screen for 20 seconds.

Apps and the browsers (I've got the stock, Opera, Bolt and Firebolt) will just "crash" - no force close warning, just right back to the home screen while I'm in the middle of something.

I've cleared/ deleted all unnecessary/ unintentional downloads. I've stopped all programs/ apps running in the background that I do not need, and I've cleared the caches.

The only non-market (Android and Amazon) app I have is the Market 3.1.5; but this was started before that.
I have no "task killers" running.

Am I missing something? I have a feeling I overlooked something.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

-scub's

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Have you tried moving stuff out of those folder thingies?
With 5 home screens, I don't use those things, and I suspect they will disappear after ICS comes anyway.
They have been problematic in the past.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I was kinda thinking it may be related to the folders thingies. However, the browser(s) issue happens regardless of whether or not I'm using things in them.
I kinda like them. I've been trying to find a decent app to make more of them. I'm not a huge fan of clutter. Even with all the landscape to fill, I like the open spaces. I try to keep the popular apps and widgets on the tablet-top and everything else in a folder.
Food for thought. I'll "move out" of the folders for awhile and see if that's helps.

Thanks

dvd

Nov 3, 2011
I just bought the Acer 500, 32G yesterday, and am so disappointed. After it said it needed to update (whatever ... I don't know what), and I did, it crashes twice. First time when my kids started to play a Golf game, and second time with the web browser. It just hangs there, and I have to power it down. Should I return this back? I see someone said Android 4.0 is available, will it solve this problem?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I just bought the Acer 500, 32G yesterday, and am so disappointed. After it said it needed to update (whatever ... I don't know what), and I did, it crashes twice. First time when my kids started to play a Golf game, and second time with the web browser. It just hangs there, and I have to power it down. Should I return this back? I see someone said Android 4.0 is available, will it solve this problem?

Go to SETTINGS then to APPLICATIONS, the MANAGE APPLICATIONS.

Select the ALL menu tab.

scroll down to market and you will see 3 entries.
FORCE STOP each one.
Clear DATA.
Clear the CACHE.

Do this for each of the 3 entries for market.
After this reboot your tablet (full shut down and restart).
See what happens.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
So, alot of my issues sadly went away when I uninstalled the Market 3.1.5 app. I really like it.

Is there any word as to when the A500 will be upgrading it's Market app?

Thanx

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I thought it was odd that Docs to Go completely stopped working after trying to update. Then Stupid Zombies, Bunny Shooter and Kids Jigsaw (amongst many others) did nothing but force close when I tried to open them. I said something in passing at work. The IT guy said it may be because I have an unofficial system app.
I wanted to double check and re-install, but I haven't had time yet.