Hannspree hannspad

renners

Jul 17, 2011
Hi, I have just bought a hannspree hannspad sn10t1,got itfrom bestbuy for £161 after using their price beat guarantee and showing them ebuyers site.
Anyway obviously it lacks full android market and so want to root it but there is a real lack of info anywhere on this particular tablet and I'm not particularly tech minded. Hoping someone might be able to post step by step proceedure or a link to such? Don't want to brick it so needs to beconfirmed for my tablet and hopefully will help others
The tablet itself is pretty decent if you take the price into account but if I can root itwith something stable it should be a real budget option

Hope someone can help

Cheers renners

renners

Jul 17, 2011
details are as follows

Model number:SN10T1

Android OS version:2.2

Kernel version:2.6.32.9-00001-g0e0c333-dirtyhudson@tapntapbuild #7

Build number FRF91

renners

Jul 17, 2011
Thanks for that info,(on both forums!), will check back when I've attempted it as away from home at the mo.any advice on a custom rom to flash should I succeed?! Appreciate your help and hopefully the tablet will turn into a fantastic bargain through your efforts!

alpha

Jul 17, 2011
Unfortunately custom rom wise there's not a lot worth looking at.

Because there's no-one really doing much for the hannspad at the moment the only ones are for the G Tablet, so certain things like the soft touch buttons don't work and the volume keys are the wrong way around.

If you're just wanting a look install the CWM recovery image as per my other post and try googling for "bottle of smoke gtab", it should come up first link (don't want to link it in case i end up banned!)

Edit: I'm in the process of making a 2.2 modded stock rom, getting rid of most of the tap n tap GUI and replacing it with the normal android experience.

hadderss

Jul 23, 2011
i have just bought a hannspree tablet which i knew couldn't access all apps but was told there was a dedicated app store with some offerings. When i try to click on the pre-installed app store it states "error with last data transmission - not trusted server certificate"..

can someone please help. I'm impressed with the unit so far. If i can get the apps to work then happy days.

i have tried to go in to settings an adjust the server certificates but there seems to be no option to change it although i could try to use the "Force stop" if i can get it to be highlighted.

please help '''' cheers ...:eek:Jon

hadderss

Jul 23, 2011
did you struggle to get the app store to work? i'm getting error with last data transmission "not trusted server certificate"... did you have this?

dalek255

Jul 25, 2011
I had the same problem, it is due to the time and date not being set correctly. I took 2 back to the store before I worked it out!

On the subject of App Stores, there are plenty of other alternatives. The Best is probably 1 Mobile Market, but there is also Handango.com and Slideme (google these) that are all better IMHO than Android pit.

i have just bought a hannspree tablet which i knew couldn't access all apps but was told there was a dedicated app store with some offerings. When i try to click on the pre-installed app store it states "error with last data transmission - not trusted server certificate"..

can someone please help. I'm impressed with the unit so far. If i can get the apps to work then happy days.

i have tried to go in to settings an adjust the server certificates but there seems to be no option to change it although i could try to use the "Force stop" if i can get it to be highlighted.

please help '''' cheers ...:eek:Jon

qaasim

Jul 25, 2011
I had the App Center working fine out of the box...

Maybe try setting the device back to factory defaults?

Or resetting the App Center

Settings-Applications-System Applications-App Center-Clear data

Good luck sorting it out!

PhilK5

Aug 28, 2011
A link for "mobile market" would help, you know ! I tried to find it, but only came up with a Chinese site !

nixmith

Sep 2, 2011
Problems with disappearing Apps: Have had a Hannspad for 10 days now, very impressed overall. However 1 big problem - periodically I struggle to turn on the device and when I get it going any apps I have downloaded are gone? I see them listed as my apps in the apps market section, but if I do a sync (bulk download) they all force close so I need to download each one individually. Yhis takes me about half an hour and is quite frustrating. Anyone else had this problem? Are there any recommended task managers which might solve it?

Nixmith

Fabz

Sep 2, 2011
I'm looking at getting a Hannspree Hanspad and am wondering if anyone could answer a few questions...
How well does it play movies, file types e.g DivX and AVI's etc?
Would it be worth upgrading to HannsTitan? Or leave it stock?
Can an external HD be plugged in to transfer files/movies etc?

All help appreciated,

Fabz

tabby1471

Sep 6, 2011
Just wanted to say thanks to dalek 255 for giving the names of app download sites. I've been having a nightmare finding apps for the Hannspree.

wdc

Sep 28, 2014
Hi, I have just bought a hannspree hannspad sn10t1,got itfrom bestbuy for £161 after using their price beat guarantee and showing them ebuyers site.
Anyway obviously it lacks full android market and so want to root it but there is a real lack of info anywhere on this particular tablet and I'm not particularly tech minded. Hoping someone might be able to post step by step proceedure or a link to such? Don't want to brick it so needs to beconfirmed for my tablet and hopefully will help others
The tablet itself is pretty decent if you take the price into account but if I can root itwith something stable it should be a real budget option

Hope someone can help

Cheers renners