Has anyone figured out any solution to the ad hoc connection problem?

majrul

Oct 25, 2010
Hi.

I have posted this query multiple times and i haven't received any proper response from any of the experienced guys out here. Just requesting you guys to please help!

Just because i don't have a router, i am unable to access internet on my haipad. The best i can do is create an ad-hoc connection on my laptop/pc and somehow try connecting to it but that's the limitation of android by default, no ad-hoc support.

I tried modifying the wpa_supplicant.conf file to manually add an entry for my ad-hoc network and then it does connects, but the biggest problem is i am unable to connect to a password protected ad-hoc connection. It's wierd but i don't know why.

Community, please please please help!

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
moxiebee, click on the word connectify in that post.
It is shown in a different color because it is a web link.

-
I would like the Ad Hoc thing to be fixed in Android, personally.

I know my tablet might make it out of the house once in a while if I could use my cell phone's Wifi connection like my other gear can.

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The adhoc problem is fixed already by the community. Google just has to fix it in AOSP, but manufacturers don't use the newest code all the time.

steve111

Feb 7, 2011
I had the same problem. No help or ideas from anywhere. I could only log on with a router restart. Finally i changed my netgear to a belkin and now have no issues whatsoever

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App