Hello Android tablet community...

SiliconJunkie

Apr 21, 2011
I found your forum while researching android tablets, as I was ready to make purchase of one. This seems like a friendly, helpful, and informative community, and look forward to learning more about tablets, and android in general...maybe even try my hand at app development if I can find time for that.

Anyway...

I was going to hold out for the Acer Iconia, due to be released soon, but OfficeDepot has a sale this week on the ViewSonic gTab, for $100 instant savings. Therefore, I was unable to resist, and got one of those to get started in the world of tablets. Plus, after reading here about how relatively easy it is to load custom ROMs onto this device... well, I couldn't resist the opportunity to tinker. After having great success with hacking some Windows CE based GPS units, this sounded like more fun.

About me... well, I have over 20 years experience in computers, network engineering, network and systems administration. You might call me a BOFH - LOL.

salzybaby

Oct 5, 2010
Welcome to the forum. You'll find tons of into here. If you like to tinker these tablets are perfect. Have fun!

Sent from my MID7015