Hello Everyone... Newbie and Got No Clue About Andorid :)

3Q3L

Jun 9, 2011
Hello All,

New in Here and glad found this forum and join to be part of this.
icon_sunny.png

I'm new to this android operating system and got no clue about android tablet and related to it
icon_eek.gif

Couples of days ago, i just bought a China Tablet with specification like this :

Epad GW 707 Tablet PC Specification :

CPU : VIA8650, High-performance 800MHZ CPU+300MHZ DSP - double proccessor

Operation system : FROYO Android 2.2 (Support Flash 10.1)

Language : Blueocean,Czech,Dansk,Deutsch,English,Spanish,French,Italiano,Nederlands(Dutch),Norwegian,Polski,
Portuguese,Svenska(Swedish),Turkish,Greek,Russian,Korean,Japanese,Chinese

Memory : 256MB DDR2

Storage Device : 2GB NAND Flash

Support external : TF card, maximum capacity of 32GB

Gravity : 4-Dimensional G-sensor

LCD : 7" Touch screen, 800*480 pixels

Network : RJ45 Cable Internet: 10/100M adaptive

WIFI : IEEE802.11b/g/n wireless network ,3G External 3G (Support Huawei E220/230,E160X/E169G,E1750 etc)

I/O Port : 24pinUSB switch interface*1,Headphone *1, MIC*1, DC JACK*1, TF card reader

Audio : 3.5mm headphone jack, High-quality stereo loud speaker, Built-in microphone

Media File : Audio file formats supported: MP2, MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA

Video file supported : 720p video playing, MPEG1/2/4; MJPG; H263; H264

Photo file formats : JPG, JPEG, BMP, and PNG.

Camera : Built-in 1.3MP camera

Power adapter : 9V,1.5A
Battery : Battery capacity:1800mAh
Standby time : above 7-10 hours,Video play :2-3 hours

That's Pretty much what was written about the tablet!
fresse.png

Mine is Black color front and back, it's vibrating when i turn it ON, has green light (LED) when ON and red light (LED) when charging, black audio plug and it came with this what they called Transfer Box for USB connecting and Ethernet plug. It can be pinch on screen to zoom in and out and play angry bird though...
icon_tongue.png
but HD game such as Asphalt 5, PES11 and some other cant be play at all.

And written from About Device at Setting :

Model Number = WonderMedia WM8650

Android Version = 2.2

Kernel Version = 2.6.32.9-default

Build Number = generic-eng 2.2 Froyo v1.2.1-20110325.195324

And written on its Manual : MID WM8650 (7")

It's a 16:9 kind of type tablet so here's the outlook description accroding to manual book :

FRONT was the Camera, POWER LED, and BACK BUTTON

RIGHT SIDE was Speakers, TF Card Slod (sd card media), USB Interface Plug (for the transfer box to be plug in), Headphone jack Plug (Black) and Power Jack Plug.

Left side was The Power Button

Top was The Menu Button, Volume Button and Mic's

No USB Plug whatsoever just using the Transfer Box which has two USB plug and an ethernet plug. It can be used with the USB keyboard i bought it along.

So i think, it's all i can inform about the tablet i had...
icon_cheers.png

and i was wondering if i can get some direction to make the most best out of my tablet and get a best performance of it. maybe pointing me about the right post according to my tablet spec. so i can get any ideas. and since i'm a very new with this android system things and tablets etc. it would be a great help to show me some step by step tutorial of how to get my tablet root, instal some custom room, how to upgrade to higher version of android etc with some simple instruction guide language
icon_question.gif

So again, Glad to be hear, A Warm Greet to everyone and Hope can get some help in here
icon_smile.gif

Best Regards,

3Q3L

poikaa

Jun 12, 2011
Sounds just like my errant Maylong I received by mistake.... I order something else and this Maylong thing came in it's place.... Mine works well with a mouse but has to be held sideways if the tablet is horizontal....